Dan Ashworth (on gardening leave)

Rich

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

It should come as no surprise to you that the Uni doesn't have an alumni profile for him :lol: You'd think he'd at least be on one of those flags on campus considering who's already on there. 

Aye, it's slim pickings at best.

Would be disappointed with anything less than £20 mill from this. Nowt worse than letting those fuckers walk all over us.

Can also see him immediately lobbying for further destructions on our dealings, especially as he'll be aware of what could hurt us most.

Edited by Turnbull2000

4 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

Reading the comments on that makes me feel so sorry for the genuine Manchester fans.

Seeing plastic Man U fans giving it the big one on social media is an indictment of humanity and people whose insecurities define their personality 

11 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Sad that he's felt the need to leave to progress his career. Another symptom of FFP?

Hard to make a call on it for me. Of course FFP might slow our progress, but you would think that a capable and patient exec would see it as a challenge to overcome, like he had to at Brighton. 

Maybe the job at Man Utd just seems more appealing to him. More control, more money, who knows?

We know our owners want to progress the club and will do so as quickly as the rules allow. So I'm trying not to worry too much about what this means. 

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Hard to make a call on it for me. Of course FFP might slow our progress, but you would think that a capable and patient exec would see it as a challenge to overcome, like he had to at Brighton. 

Maybe the job at Man Utd just seems more appealing to him. More control, more money, who knows?

We know our owners want to progress the club and will do so as quickly as the rules allow. So I'm trying not to worry too much about what this means. 

It isn’t FFP per se that slows our progress, it’s now the much more onerous FMV rules that will strangle sponsorship. Get rid of FMV at least we can grow our revenue streams that will allow us to progress.

23 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Sad that he's felt the need to leave to progress his career. Another symptom of FFP?

I wouldn't have thought so because his role is arguably more about developing the academy than it is about first team purchasing. Not to mention the women's team which is clearly on a straight-line path to the WSL. And not to mention we're in a far better position to catch up with FFP than anyone else on this side of the drawbridge. 

That's why there's no real way of knowing precisely what we're losing (or indeed what we'd gained when he first arrived) - most of what he does is proper behind the scenes, cultural, stuff. For instance I take no comfort from the Tonali thing; before you even consider whether or not that was an avoidable situation, deal-making is only a small part of his role.

I think it's clearly a blow that he's leaving because his pedigree was very good and he's been identified by (sorry) a bigger club as a key component of their rebuild. But I'm glad it's happened now so we can identify someone who's genuinely committed to what should absolutely be considered a pinnacle career role. And, as I said before, fuck him and I hope the door hits him on the way out.

Got a feeling that we won't look to fill this position for a while and go back to pre-Ashworth for the rest of the calendar year at least & see how things pan out. Maybe rejig some of the structure around the academy/NUFWC to cover some of the development angles off more.

It’s a shame he’s moving on already as he was singled out as a big piece of our puzzle moving forward and likely would have delivered. Man United are an attractive club for someone in his position and they will have made an offer that understandably was very hard for Ashworth to turn down, their infrastructure is light years ahead of where we currently are and he will offer them the direction that they have lacked for years. 

Without doubt we’ll have some highly rated targets we can work at now to replace him, will be interesting to see who it’ll end up being.

11 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

It isn’t FFP per se that slows our progress, it’s now the much more onerous FMV rules that will strangle sponsorship. Get rid of FMV at least we can grow our revenue streams that will allow us to progress.

I get what you mean but I'm hoping we can argue FMV on almost all of our deals. If our sponsorship is worth 80% of Man City for example, I don't see how anyone can really argue against that. 

51 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Milan had his pants down with Tonali, and now we've fucked him over too. Some master negotiator. 

Think what he'll be like with 2 years out. His mate may have killed his career.