Nick Pope

Rich

Fucking unit, a monster of a man.  Comes for everything, even comes for the ball when it is 20 odd yards out and he has no business coming for it :lol: 

I know I go on about it.  But I speak to his cousin a bit, as he is round the corner from me.  Nick loves being up there and sounds like he feels at home and enjoys it.  Sounds like it is the polar opposite when he's away with England.  

yeah his kickings not great but he is fucking class.

we all got blinded by some of Dubs' reflex saves.

this guy is the real deal.

to think most of us were a bit confused as to why we would be spending £10m of our budget on a keeper so soon!

trust Eddie. he knows everything.

I know it’s totally hypothetical. But I think we are 2 down early on if Dubravka was in nets today. 

Stayed big for the Son chance when he tried to dink him. The save from Kane with his foot was top drawer. Makes a lot of them and they are never as glitzy as tipping one wide round the post or stopping one top corner. But they’re just as impressive. 

6 minutes ago, Miercoles said:

So fucking good this guy. It's crazy, Dubravka was excellent and Pope makes him look like shit.

He even has full-size arms, like a real human. Has to start in Qatar.

After his last England performance not a chance he will , Pickford is rightly number 1 - Pope could take it off him after the World Cup maybe 

watching the game back, that save from Son is immense and underrated.

may not have been spectacular but he stayed up as long as possible then whipped out his right hand just in time to deflect the ball.

massive save.

Compare and contrast how Pope went about coming out against Son and how Lloris did against Almiron.  It was great work from Miggy.  But I thought it was really poor by Lloris and I'd be pissed off if we conceded a goal like that.

7 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Compare and contrast how Pope went about coming out against Son and how Lloris did against Almiron.  It was great work from Miggy.  But I thought it was really poor by Lloris and I'd be pissed off if we conceded a goal like that.

Wrong thread

On 20/10/2022 at 12:24, NWMag said:

I love how quickly he looks to release the ball. Dubravka used to take an age and it really irritated me. 

While very true, we really don't know how much of this is down to coaching.