Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

If you are seeing the flashing ticks for seats, keep refreshing stadium plan until a section becomes available again.

I've eventually got one in Leazes corner

3 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Totally understand his point. However, they’ve probably decided to hold a small number back for general sale to try be more inclusive and give people that are maybe only back in the region for a short period or something, the chance to buy.

As with everything when it comes to ticketing though, there never seems to be a ‘right’ way to do anything.

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Think it's PL rules that some have to go to General Sale though?

Nah, members sale covers that rule. Hence we had the odd game that didn’t go to general sale last year.

Suppose membership just gives you two chances at getting tickets through members sale and then again through general sale?

£35 bit steep for this, like.

1 minute ago, SteV said:

Totally understand his point. However, they’ve probably decided to hold a small number back for general sale to try be more inclusive and give people that are maybe only back in the region for a short period or something, the chance to buy.

As with everything when it comes to ticketing though, there never seems to be a ‘right’ way to do anything.

Depends on the numbers being released if the number of tickets for the members are similar to the numbers of tickets on general sale then I don’t quite see the point of a membership. This should all have been made clear before now tbh 

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Depends on the numbers being released if the number of tickets for the members are similar to the numbers of tickets on general sale then I don’t quite see the point of a membership. This should all have been made clear before now tbh 

Looking at what’s been made available today, I’d guess the general sale numbers are far less. 

However, agree they could have done a far better job of communicating how this was all going to work. 

1 minute ago, SteV said:

Looking at what’s been made available today, I’d guess the general sale numbers are far less. 

However, agree they could have done a far better job of communicating how this was all going to work. 

Yeah, I really didn't keep up with what the membership was (thought it'd be video content and all that) or the fact it was going to basically replace a general sale. 

My own fault for not reading up, but aye, it doesn't seem to have been communicated as clearly as you'd want for dafties like me.

19 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Well that was very frustrating. There were a few hundred left when I got in. Every time I tried to select a seat I got flashing tick sign but no option to add to basket. There seemed to be 12 left in whole ground when I gave up .

Did you join at 10am? What number if the queue were you? 

Might help us understand what chance we have in future. 

There’s no valid reason to reserve tickets for non-members, that’s just silly. 

I’ve been to Fulham, Arsenal, Man City and Spurs games where the only way to get in was a particular tier of membership. Sometimes even the basic membership wasn’t enough, like when Arsenal were good. 

I’ve wasted a lot of money on memberships, but I did get Man City socks. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

10 minutes ago, Nexumaster said:

Yeah, I really didn't keep up with what the membership was (thought it'd be video content and all that) or the fact it was going to basically replace a general sale. 

My own fault for not reading up, but aye, it doesn't seem to have been communicated as clearly as you'd want for dafties like me.

I think communication around the whole thing has been piss poor to be honest. That's coming from someone who managed to get a membership and a ticket for Forest. 

1 minute ago, NEEJ said:

I think communication around the whole thing has been piss poor to be honest. That's coming from someone who managed to get a membership and a ticket for Forest. 

Yeah, I guess it’s easy to overlook how much stress this causes as well. 

As someone said above, it’s a really difficult process for people to cope with. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

6 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

If it's random shouldn't really matter as long as you're in before they actually go on sale

Edited by et tu brute

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Yeah, I guess it’s easy to overlook how much stress this causes as well. 

As someone said above, it’s a really difficult process for people to cope with. 

Especially for those who aren't particularly tech-savvy and don't have a contact to call on. My dad just about managed this morning but had to perfectly plan his break at graft.

Why is it always 10am on a Tuesday? Why not 12pm or 1pm when people would actually be on a dinner break. 

8 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

There’s no valid reason to reserve tickets for non-members, that’s just silly. 

I’ve been to Fulham, Arsenal, Man City and Spurs games where the only way to get in was a particular tier of membership. Sometimes even the basic membership wasn’t enough, like when Arsenal were good. 

I’ve wasted a lot of money on memberships, but I did get Man City socks. 

Especially when so many memberships were sold 

10 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It’s all random. I was logged in on my work PC from 9 and when it went to the queue I was number 9998 or something I logged in on my phone also but at 9:45 and was number 6624 when it opened at 10am 

Got one in level 7 too, looking forward to sitting up there tbf as not been up there for years. Would prefer to be in the Gallowgate mind.

Have to say I’m not looking forward to this kind of stress 18 more times this season. :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

General sale on 26th July mate.

Yeah, marked it in my calendar but from what people are saying I'll be surprised if there's anything left/I imagine it'll be even more of a lottery with fewer tickets and people in my situation. Will be giving it a shot though!

45 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Yeah, the site in general is terrible, it can’t meet any accessibility standards. 

Particularly once tickets get scarce and it starts flashing up those ‘area locked’ messages at you. 

They need a whole new digital department, website and a new booking platform. 

If there’s anything we can do to help for the next game, maybe we can put together a guide or something. 

FWIW I've heard this is the plan for next season.

32 minutes ago, SteV said:

Perhaps the reason for limiting memberships (which should have been communicated ahead of on sale date) is so they can limit the amount of tickets available to members and still be sure every member who wants one can get one, leaving the rest for general sale...