Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

13 minutes ago, Toonjam88 said:

It’s all random. I was logged in on my work PC from 9 and when it went to the queue I was number 9998 or something I logged in on my phone also but at 9:45 and was number 6624 when it opened at 10am 

I know, I just wanted to know what number he got so we can get a sense of which number gives you a chance of getting a ticket. 

9 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

FWIW I've heard this is the plan for next season.

Must be, the whole thing was obviously neglected/gutted by Mike Ashley. The website experience for buying tickets is archaic. 

At Man City you just get a QR code on your phone to scan at the turnstile. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

9 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Must be, the whole thing was obviously neglected/gutted by Mike Ashley. The website experience for buying tickets is archaic. 

At Man City you just get a QR code on your phone to scan at the turnstile. 

Yeah. The bill for printing a sending out paper tickets much be massive.

It would be much better to just have it on your phone, with an option of having a paper ticket, potentially with a small P&P cost?

Just now, Stifler said:

Yeah. The bill for printing a sending out paper tickets much be massive.

It would be much better to just have it on your phone, with an option of having a paper ticket, potentially with a small P&P cost?

We used to have print at home tickets, then I would just screenshot the barcode and put my phone in the reader at the gate. 

Nervy the first time I tried it :lol:

1 minute ago, ponsaelius said:

As a collector of stick stubs I am firmly anti e-ticket, even accepting the obvious benefits to such a system.

Is there not a way to keep it on your digital wallet?

33 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Got one in level 7 too, looking forward to sitting up there tbf as not been up there for years. Would prefer to be in the Gallowgate mind.

Have to say I’m not looking forward to this kind of stress 18 more times this season. :lol: 

Told my older brother to get his steps in for Level 7 😆 

I've not sat up there for a while tbh.

I have hundreds of stubs from hundreds of games all over the world. It's probably the only thing I actually collect. They will go eventually as will physical matchday programmes, and I'll whinge but get over it. I get that it's a minor gripe overall but it does feel like the traditional rituals of football being gradually lost.

I think there's another issue with limiting tickets entirely to digital in that it is quite exclusionary for those who don't have a smartphone. The same is probably true of the fact season tickets and tickets at the moment are being sold entirely online. There are a lot of people out there who wouldn't have the first clue where to start in going about getting a ticket through such a system.

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Did you join at 10am? What number if the queue were you? 

Might help us understand what chance we have in future. 

I signed in at about 9:55, and was 12,669. When I signed back in later (after reaching booking stage but being unsuccessful) the number had gone up above 20,000. Though latter would include others doing the same. 

A mate got 500th and an error message when it ticked to his turn. He re-queued and when he eventually got on it was like Wack-a-mole with seats popping up as available for a split second but being taken by someone else logged in. 

Not sure if he gave up or they sold out but he didn’t manage to get one.

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I'm sure when I regularly used to buy match tickets about 20 years ago individually, the price was around £27. £35 20 years later doesn't seem much of an increase at all.

Its fantastic value for what you get (now). 

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Its fantastic value for what you get (now). 

I get the point you are making but fantastic is a bit OTT as all EPL tickets should be available for £20 entry level. The money in the game is obscene and needs to be paid out on basis of £20 per head upwards for certain packages. The players, managers, agents etc will all survive comfortably. Remember prices 20 years were too high then. I paid £3 in 1983 iirc if anyone wants to do the inflation maths? 🙂

When you read FDJ is deferred some of his wages after being at Barcelona for 1…2 seasons? And he’s owed £17m already. Decent player etc etc but it’s ridiculous. Haaland’s dad creaming around £30m or possibly £60m since Riola died before deal done.

Also I hate when it’s compare to how much for example Coldplay or Theatre etc charge etc. As much as I really like them or enjoy a good show I don’t go to see Coldplay 25-30 times a year 🙂

Mind you my dad used to say there’s some games you wouldn’t pay a £1 for and some you’d pay a £100 for so I dare say the law of averages of a great game has increased of late so maybe you’ll be proven right 🙂

6 minutes ago, Infatuation Junkie said:

I believe the club can make enough money through other channels and allow a full stadium at a much lower rate. I am sure dropping tickets to level 7 area range would be a fantastic gesture.

But I can only dream. I would still sit in level 7. I love row y area d or e

Just some rough calculations here, but let's say they drop 30k tickets by a tenner.

30,000 x 10 = 300,000

x19 home games = £5.7m

Consider our Fun88 deal is supposedly worth £6.5m/season they're not going to write off nearly £6m just for goodwill when the demand already greatly exceeds supply.

1 minute ago, Keegans Export said:

Just some rough calculations here, but let's say they drop 30k tickets by a tenner.

30,000 x 10 = 300,000

x19 home games = £5.7m

Consider our Fun88 deal is supposedly worth £6.5m/season they're not going to write off nearly £6m just for goodwill when the demand already greatly exceeds supply.

It will be exactly the opposite I think Maybe it will wait until extension/new stadium, but I can see there being expanded corporate areas with price increases.

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

I get the point you are making but fantastic is a bit OTT as all EPL tickets should be available for £20 entry level. The money in the game is obscene and needs to be paid out on basis of £20 per head upwards for certain packages. The players, managers, agents etc will all survive comfortably. Remember prices 20 years were too high then. I paid £3 in 1983 iirc if anyone wants to do the inflation maths? 🙂

When you read FDJ is deferred some of his wages after being at Barcelona for 1…2 seasons? And he’s owed £17m already. Decent player etc etc but it’s ridiculous. Haaland’s dad creaming around £30m or possibly £60m since Riola died before deal done.

Also I hate when it’s compare to how much for example Coldplay or Theatre etc charge etc. As much as I really like them or enjoy a good show I don’t go to see Coldplay 25-30 times a year 🙂

Mind you my dad used to say there’s some games you wouldn’t pay a £1 for and some you’d pay a £100 for so I dare say the law of averages of a great game has increased of late so maybe you’ll be proven right 🙂

Yeah, I mean that’s a fair argument that money should go more back to the fans etc. 

But still, you basically get an immense day of fun, passion and excitement for 30-odd quid. Not much is available for that which would inspire you or give you so much enjoyment. 

On 12/07/2022 at 20:56, Keegans Export said:

30,000 x 10 = 300,000

x19 home games = £5.7m

We spunked £20m on Almiron. You could let people in for free for the money we wasted there. I'd rather have lower prices and a happy crowd, with added goodwill from the fans, rather than a little bit more money for transfers/wages. TV money is where most of the income is at anyway.

Was hoping the bairn would get something for her junior magpie membership, after seeing what my mates little'n got for her season ticket I'm not so sure now :lol:

Looks straight from the Mike Ashley reject pile.  

1 minute ago, Wilson said:

Was hoping the bairn would get something for her junior magpie membership, after seeing what my mates little'n got for her season ticket I'm not so sure now :lol:

Looks straight from the Mike Ashley reject pile.  

my ST came through this morning, and aye the gifts are shocking.

I'm sure once most of the important stuff is sorted on/off the pitch, the club will look to improve little things like that.