Memberships (2023/24)

ceolnamara

12 minutes ago, gdm said:

No offence but the digital one was £25 what kind of gift you expecting for £10

I was hoping for, not expecting, some kind of material confirmation for the bairns membership, as opposed to just a login.  Something to say she was a member, maybe a card, welcome letter, anything as she would be buzzing. 

I only mentioned the stuff my mate received because if that's the kind of thing she'd get, I'd rather they didn't bother. 

She really wanted a little tie pin/badge thing but couldn't find one in the club shop, i think I'll just be passing on the pack they gave me for my ticket as I've no use for it. 

Edit: They're 22 quid

Edited by Wilson

Just now, Wilson said:

I was hoping for, not expecting, some kind of material confirmation for the bairns membership, as opposed to just a login.  Something to say she was a member, maybe a card, welcome letter, anything as she would be buzzing. 

I only mentioned the stuff my mate received because if that's the kind of thing she'd get, I'd rather they didn't bother. 

She really wanted a little tie pin/badge thing but couldn't find one in the club shop, i think I'll just be passing on the pack they gave me for my ticket as I've no use for it. 

I’m sure they do give out something 

22 minutes ago, Big River said:

my ST came through this morning, and aye the gifts are shocking.

I'm sure once most of the important stuff is sorted on/off the pitch, the club will look to improve little things like that.

Aye definitely, I honestly couldnt care less if they just sent the ticket tbh as that's all you're bothered about in the long run. 

1 hour ago, Wilson said:

Edit: They're 22 quid

I’m confused you say you’d be happy with anything as small as a card or letter and she wanted a badge yet yet you’d rather not get what your mate got? 

Just now, Rich said:

Here he is, Captain Contrary. :lol:

What’s the point in negativity about a gift that’s worth less than £10 very strange thing to complain about. 

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

Just a very clear pattern emerging, that's all. Made me chuckle.

Quite the pattern of you just having pointless wee digs at me. Very strange tbh. One simply cos I didn’t have an issue with castore and now coz of people complaining about a daft gift

Edited by gdm

35 minutes ago, gdm said:

I’m confused you say you’d be happy with anything as small as a card or letter and she wanted a badge yet yet you’d rather not get what your mate got? 

Yes... The wooly hat and bag look absolutely shite and my daughter wouldn't use them, whereas she wanted to buy a badge at the club shop but they had none, so I'd be happy with that for her, but even a sort of membership card or something she would be buzzing with. 

Hope that's alright with you and clears any confusion .... I want her to receive something she'll be happy with. 

Just now, Wilson said:

Yes... The wooly hat and bag look absolutely shite and my daughter wouldn't use them, whereas she wanted to buy a badge at the club shop but they had none, so I'd be happy with that for her, but even a sort of membership card or something she would be buzzing with. 

Hope that's alright with you and clears any confusion .... I want her to receive something she'll be happy with. 

Totally understand. Was confused as I Wasn’t sure what you got for the junior membership coz you get a badge & pen for the adult one. It’s been a while since I’ve been a member take it you don’t get a membership card anymore? That is slightly disappointing 

2 hours ago, Wilson said:

if you PM me your address, I’ll happily send her the badges from this/last season!

Just read a good (I know, crazy) article in the Mag about the Family Enclosure. I 100% agree with it. It needs to go (or be SIGNIFICANLY reduced). It was only 500 seats back when I was a kid, and my dad had to lump it and buy us all a seat elsewhere in the ground. As it happens, I preferred it. I got to sing and shout at the back of L7, where the Toon Ultras sat (remember them?). It helped me get more involved in the club and match day experience. I vividly remember going into the Family Enclosure with my mate in 2002 and my bro went with my dad. We beat Everton 6-2. I couldn't believe how many kids were sat inside paying on the PS2 or XBOX. It's always been the same. A lot of kids aren't arsed about the match, until they're much older (if ever).

https://www.themag.co.uk/2022/07/time-to-scrap-the-newcastle-united-family-enclosure/

Edited by TheGuv

10 hours ago, TheGuv said:

I see tickets are still for sale in the family enclosure against Forest.

Hopefully next season they massively reduce this section.

Or at least sell off the tickets, particularly the single seats, to all comers after a reasonable time on offer. 

On 22/07/2022 at 11:26, TheGuv said:

Just read a good (I know, crazy) article in the Mag about the Family Enclosure. I 100% agree with it. It needs to go (or be SIGNIFICANLY reduced). It was only 500 seats back when I was a kid, and my dad had to lump it and buy us all a seat elsewhere in the ground. As it happens, I preferred it. I got to sing and shout at the back of L7, where the Toon Ultras sat (remember them?). It helped me get more involved in the club and match day experience. I vividly remember going into the Family Enclosure with my mate in 2002 and my bro went with my dad. We beat Everton 6-2. I couldn't believe how many kids were sat inside paying on the PS2 or XBOX. It's always been the same. A lot of kids aren't arsed about the match, until they're much older (if ever).

https://www.themag.co.uk/2022/07/time-to-scrap-the-newcastle-united-family-enclosure/

I’ve long thought many parents take their kids to the match far too early. Think I was 9 almost 10 when I went to a couple of games. Still felt a bit soon then to appreciate it all. Helped there was a lot less distractions then. No mobile phones, gaming or confectionery sales.

Edited by LFEE