James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

1 minute ago, Jinky said:

Tbf Leicester paid us full whack for Ayoze Pérez......

And he pissed off in a heartbeat and we all begrudgingly accepted he was probably right to do so.

And would you look at us now….

Also the disparity on the fee isn't down to structuring but more down to the likelihood the fee has performance related clauses in it.

It might well go above 50m, if we get in the champions league or Maddison plays 40 games for us or any other number of variables.

9 minutes ago, STM said:

Fair point, he's also a better player though.

Aye but also a little older and surplus to requirements. With wages so high, only 5 or 6 clubs in the world could afford him with a fee.

Leicester could still  probably get £30m for Maddison next summer.

I think Richarlison and Raphinha are more similar transfers to this.

Edited by The College Dropout

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Can't lie ... I think it's a genius move on their part, and they may well end up with a better player.

I'll ride with Howe's decision, but man ... I like Brandt and Aouar a lot and wish were looking at one of them instead.

Based on what? Maddison has been one of the best attacking players in the league. The league nufc are playing in. I like Aouar but why hasnt he got out of Lyon yet. Maddison numbers are superior to Aouar.

Haven’t seen anything that suggests Leicester want to or have to sell. And haven’t seen anything from us that we’re willing to put in a bid big enough to change their minds. Would like to be wrong as I think he’d go some way to taking us over the top, but don’t think this one is a goer. 

1 minute ago, Bompeter said:

Haven’t seen anything that suggests Leicester want to or have to sell. And haven’t seen anything from us that we’re willing to put in a bid big enough to change their minds. Would like to be wrong as I think he’d go some way to taking us over the top, but don’t think this one is a goer. 

You can’t have been looking much then, it’s common knowledge Leicester have to sell to buy

2 minutes ago, Bompeter said:

Hope you're as right about this one as you were about the takeover, Penn/IMTTS. :thup:

4 minutes ago, Bompeter said:

Love your positive posts. 

3 minutes ago, Bompeter said:

Constantly making an effort to be a twat, top effort![emoji38]

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

We are in a different world for signings now. So many extra add on clauses. Just little things like champions league appearance bonus or winning the league/cups etc. Up until the takeover no club was cruel enough to suggest even mentioning those things in negotiations, at least not without bursting into laughter... with Charley nervously chuckling along with them not understanding the joke.

3 minutes ago, Abacus said:

Would be our new record signing, wouldn't it? Love a record signing, me.

I remember the days of thinking £1.75m was a bit steep for Andy Cole...

Crazy ain't it.

Shearer 15m gets more and more crazy as the years pass