James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

24 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

FoxesTalk is delicious. They’re furious.

We’re a nothing club, low balling them, it’s shit up North, they’ll finish above us, shit club with shit fans etc.

:fwap: Inject it into my veins. Wish I could use their tears as lube.

Someone remind them they only finished 3 points ahead of us last season despite us not winning for first 14 games. It’s just post after post about how he’d never come here as we aren’t good enough. They need a reality check. The gap has already shortened 

Edited by gdm

Don’t want to come across as a PFM here. But I really like that our transfer strategy seems to be that we’re bringing in (or trying to) good young English players as well as the likes of Botman, Bruno etc.

I think there’s a lot to be said for having a strong English/British cohort that understand the club/history/fans mixed alongside the ‘foreigners’. It just seems very different to the way City, Chelsea et al have done it for the last decade + 

So fair to say the bid is £50M based on all the reports, Hope is the only one saying not as much as £45M.

That would take us to £107M for the window, subbing Targett's loan fee from his total. :lol:

Absolutely no beef with Leicester at all tbh. Was rooting for them when they won the League as 5000/1 outsiders and it must have been unbelievable. To follow it up with a decent run in Europe and an FA Cup a few years later is also unheard of here. Well run club, liked the owners and they way the players responded after the helicopter crash was very dignified and classy. 

Just now, Rich said:

So fair to say the bid is £50M based on all the reports, Hope is the only one saying not as much as £45M.

That would take us to £107M for the window, subbing Targett's loan fee from his total. :lol:

067fb13b3b01169ec7e1bd2688e2b4be

1 hour ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I can’t believe people are still seriously talking about Pacqueta which is nothing other than a rumour they’ve made up themselves on here.

May as well be asking if we’d prefer Maddison or De Bruyne.

I can’t believe people are still putting a ‘c’ in Paqueta 

1 minute ago, midds said:

Absolutely no beef with Leicester at all tbh. Was rooting for them when they won the League as 5000/1 outsiders and it must have been unbelievable. To follow it up with a decent run in Europe and an FA Cup a few years later is also unheard of here. Well run club, liked the owners and they way the players responded after the helicopter crash was very dignified and classy. 

Pretty much all of this. They’re a fantastically well ran club and have done it the hard way. 

Just now, Disco said:

Fofana hasn’t played for about a year, they’re surely thinking he could be worth even more if he has another good season. Was cracking before he was knackered.

Contracted until 2027, too, which is a massive factor.

If we signed Maddison for 50m, would you let Willock go if say a Brighton or a Palace came in for 15/20m?

I'm not saying we would need to, I'm just throwing it out there.

Personally really like Willock and think there’s another level to his game so I wouldn’t want to let him go, especially when we’ve got much weaker players in Fraser and Murphy still in the squad

1 minute ago, STM said:

If we signed Maddison for 50m, would you let Willock go if say a Brighton or a Palace came in for 15/20m?

Nah. He has his part to play this season.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Depends on what we do with Anderson. I think we would be heavily stacked if he stayed with 7 central midfielders but we are going to need a strong bench this season 

Edited by gdm

Just now, STM said:

Without needing to, why would we? Especially at a loss. Doubt he’ll be on massive wages and he offers lots more than several others.

11 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Its important to get maddison over the line before Fofana I feel. Loosing out on maddison because someone else bought an other player from them would be painfull.