James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

3 minutes ago, STM said:

If we signed Maddison for 50m, would you let Willock go if say a Brighton or a Palace came in for 15/20m?

I'm not saying we would need to, I'm just throwing it out there.

No we need a squad, especially with the 5 subs rule.

Edited by SUPERTOON

53 minutes ago, Gaztoon said:

Crazy ain't it.

Shearer 15m gets more and more crazy as the years pass 

If the current transfer market had existed in 1996 we would probably have needed to throw £150m at Jack Walker to get him to sell Shearer to us.

Just now, snakzz said:

Its important to get maddison over the line before Fofana I feel. Loosing out on maddison because someone else bought an other player from them would be painfull. 

Have Chelsea made an opening offer for him yet?

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

Without needing to, why would we? Especially at a loss. Doubt he’ll be on massive wages and he offers lots more than several others.

Again just mothballing but let's say we think 50m is right on the edge of what we are willing to pay, we might allow a player to leave in order to replenish our funds.

It's all pie in the sky but there's always a knock on effect.

24 minutes ago, Wandy said:

The delusion on the Leicester forum is astounding. Talking about themselves like they are Arsenal or Chelsea. 

People were arguing Botman would be crazy to sign for Milan over us on here too to be fair :lol:

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Had to laugh at you being slightly against this one after championing the likes of Dennis, Cornet and McNeil all summer 😂

Not a dig either, I enjoy your posts and discussions 👍

No problem I get it. Aouar and Brandt are just two players I like a lot personally, and they both happen to be available at great value this summer. Nothing against Maddison who is a baller too. But it seems we are prioritising Prem experience to add goals and assists to the team, which is fair enough.

If Leicester do add Aouar as a replacement, I'll be very nervous about how well he does for them in comparison, because I think his potential is huge, and he's still a couple of years younger than Maddison.

Just now, Jaqen said:

People were arguing Botman would be crazy to sign for Milan over us on here too to be fair :lol:

There were more who were saying he was fine for wanting to join Milan.

2 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

it’s the way they are looking down on us as a club and area that is laughable. No matter what they do, LCFC will never, ever be bigger than NUFC.

Edited by Wandy

Just now, KaKa said:

No problem I get it. Aouar and Brandt are just two players I like a lot personally, and they both happen to be available at great value this summer. Nothing against Maddison who is a baller too. But it seems we are prioritising Prem experience to add goals and assists to the team, which is fair enough.

If Leicester do add Aouar as a replacement, I'll be very nervous about how well he does for them in comparison, because I think his potential is huge, and he's still a couple of years younger than Maddison.

I’ve read a few reports this summer that no major club is in for Aourar due to his personality and discipline issues. Not sure how true of course.

6 minutes ago, STM said:

BTW, Rodgers comments aren't suggestive of a manager who is in sync with his superiors. It has all the makings of a manager on the brink.

He's lucky he's still there imo. Think they were hoping Manure would do them a favour.

1 hour ago, nufc123 said:

Based on what? Maddison has been one of the best attacking players in the league. The league nufc are playing in. I like Aouar but why hasnt he got out of Lyon yet. Maddison numbers are superior to Aouar.

Just a personal bias. I like Aouar a lot and personally would get him at a third of what we're looking to pay for Maddison, but that's just me.

Maddison is quality and would be a top signing. I just hope it doesn't mean we don't spend as much on a striker and right winger, or abandon those altogether for now.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Let’s just enjoy what we are doing. 

10 minutes ago, STM said:

If we signed Maddison for 50m, would you let Willock go if say a Brighton or a Palace came in for 15/20m?

I'm not saying we would need to, I'm just throwing it out there.

Nah. Absolutely no chance I'd be taking a loss on him when he's been really good second half of the season. He's currently in the starting 3 imo and even if Maddison comes in he might play wide right which would still leave Willock a starter. 

The fact Fofana has 5 years left and Maddison only has 2 will come into play. Leicester know they only have 2.5 windows left to flog Maddison before his value is 0, they can be much bolder when handling the Fofana situation as there is no rush at all, they can dig their heels in and demand whatever they like for Fofana but the clock is very much ticking for Maddison. I'll stick my neck on the line and say he'll be in the squad for Saturday

19 minutes ago, NWMag said:

I can’t believe people are still putting a ‘c’ in Paqueta 

They just haven’t seen the spelling enough In the last few weeks.

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’ve read a few reports this summer that no major club is in for Aourar due to his personality and discipline issues. Not sure how true of course.

Ah, okay. Interesting. Maybe that might be a factor then, although I haven't seen any of those reports.