James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

I wonder if we'll let this one drag on until the end of the window if Leicester hold out for the full £60m? I suppose it depends if they can offload Fofana to Chelsea first, that would make selling Maddison an option rather than a necessity. From our POV I think we won't push that hard because it wasn't really a priority position anyway, just a chance to land a really top player.

5 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Not quite comparable tbh, 50 million for a left back and 60 for one of the best midfielders in the country are quite different. 

4 hours ago, Ikon said:

This!!

Maddison has only 2 years on his contract. Cucurella has 4 years on his contract and also younger.

4 minutes ago, 1964 said:

Apparently Leicester don't sell once the season starts (according to their fans), if so it's not looking likely 

Heard they'd given a deadline of August 7th too so this would tie in

4 minutes ago, 1964 said:

Apparently Leicester don't sell once the season starts (according to their fans), if so it's not looking likely 

Think the only thing different to this year compared to others is their apparent need to sell before they can bring anyone in. 

5 minutes ago, prefabtoon said:

This transfer market reminds me when I was a kid. I Would really love that toy on the top shelf.

But being told we cant afford it.

Ah well  hope Wilson can stay fit.

Maybe it’s just delaying tactics and it will be waiting for you under the Xmas tree along with another present come Sep 1st ?

45 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Guessing the Leicester fan who was posting that info on here yesterday ?

Yeah, could easily be b*llocks but a lot of their fans seem to think whilst they're a selling club they're not once the season starts.

41 minutes ago, prefabtoon said:

This transfer market reminds me when I was a kid. I Would really love that toy on the top shelf.

If only it was more like my childhood. Buzz Lightyear action figure. RRP in Toys R Us was £40. They went in, slapped £65 on the counter. 

3 minutes ago, JP said:

Yeah, could easily be b*llocks but a lot of their fans seem to think whilst they're a selling club they're not once the season starts.

By all acounts if that's true, then they won't be signing any players either. 

I'm sure most teams would like to have their business done before the season starts, but it doesn't always work like that. Fans can presume whatever they want, but it won't be written in stone.

2 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

to be honest, without having to deal with the extra European fixtures they likely don't really need to. Their squad should be good enough for top half. 

1 hour ago, TRon said:

I wonder if we'll let this one drag on until the end of the window if Leicester hold out for the full £60m? I suppose it depends if they can offload Fofana to Chelsea first, that would make selling Maddison an option rather than a necessity. From our POV I think we won't push that hard because it wasn't really a priority position anyway, just a chance to land a really top player.

We don’t have to sell either of them.

The idea is to offload others, Choudhury, Mendy, Vestergaard, Praet, Soumare. Soyuncu or Tielemans seeing as they have one year left. Or even an Iheanacho, or Thomas.

We have loads of assets we can get rid of if we really really had to. Many of them are likely to leave towards the end of the window on loan, or late sales. 

The chances of us not shifting some of them are remotely slim, and thus unless we get an offer we can’t refuse, or a players kicks off, those two are quite likely to stay. They are at the bottom of the list in terms of who we want to sell.

So if people wonder why we aren’t falling over ourselves to accept £35-£45m. It’s because of that. 

52 minutes ago, prefabtoon said:

wets-pants-ralph-wiggum.gif

4 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

We don’t really need to outside of a right winger and maybe a keeper if Kasper goes. He was on over £120k a week and it frees up a fair chuck of wages.