James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

30 minutes ago, TRon said:

I did ask whether it might be worth a cheeky bid yesterday, Leicester's scouting is usually on the money, if they think he's a prospect then he probably is.

For sure. 

16 minutes ago, Gaztoon said:

Money will start looking more and more appealing closer to deadline day.

Why would they be more likely to accept a bid when they have less time to find a replacement?

Edited by Kimbo

6 minutes ago, Myleftboot said:

Said a few days ago his agents trying to get him a new contract. Still think that’s the craic.

So you’re telling us that there’s nothing in this? I guess sources at our club would have briefed the media long time ago if that was the case.

12 minutes ago, Myleftboot said:

Said a few days ago his agents trying to get him a new contract. Still think that’s the craic.

I think you're almost right. Moving to another club would necessitate a new contract.

Edited by madras

Yeah I'm still quietly confident of us getting him. It's say around 60%.

If you take away Ekitike (who we basically had until PSG came in), we've found a way of signing the players we want. Arguably Harrison is another who we seem keen on and have kept edging up our bids.

If reports were correct we have probably bid somewhere around the 45m mark at this stage. The Leicester end have suggested that 60m is what they want but you would have to assume that their 60m is their top end figure.

That's why I asked the question of a compromise around 52/54m? If we can reach that figure, with add ons etc, I think we could be in business.

11 minutes ago, STM said:

If you take away Ekitike (who we basically had until PSG came in), we've found a way of signing the players we want. Arguably Harrison is another who we seem keen on and have kept edging up our bids.

If reports were correct we have probably bid somewhere around the 45m mark at this stage. The Leicester end have suggested that 60m is what they want but you would have to assume that their 60m is their top end figure.

That's why I asked the question of a compromise around 52/54m? If we can reach that figure, with add ons etc, I think we could be in business.

We are a long way from their asking price and about 15-20% away from a figure they would seriously consider by yours(and mine) estimate.

I'm not optimistic.

Edited by The College Dropout

1 hour ago, Gaztoon said:

Money will start looking more and more appealing closer to deadline day.

I've seen a few people say this, but surely its the other way round? Unless clubs need or want to sell, I'd imagine we'll need to bid more and more as deadline day approaches. From what I can see we're bidding for players clubs want to keep.

If players were transfer listed, fair enough. But we're trying to take clubs' major assets.

5 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

I've seen a few people say this, but surely its the other way round? Unless clubs need or want to sell, I'd imagine we'll need to bid more and more as deadline day approaches. From what I can see we're bidding for players clubs want to keep.

If players were transfer listed, fair enough. But we're trying to take clubs' major assets.

That’s my thinking 

It gives teams less time to line up replacements as well , so more reluctant to sell 

Edited by JonBez comesock

11 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

We are a long way from their asking price and about 15-20% away from a figure they would seriously consider by yours(and mine) estimate.

I'm not optimistic.

If that's their asking price.

1 hour ago, OverThere said:

I realize Maddison scores a decent amount from the MF but that is an area we are fairly well off. Up front we have Willson and then...

Who are you expecting to score the amount of goals Maddison would probably have scored,putting his assists to one side?

(12 goals and 8 assists last season)

59 minutes ago, STM said:

I don’t think you will be. And it just got even less likely now we’ve got Kasper’s huge wages off the bill. 

2 minutes ago, Foxedup said:

I don’t think you will be. And it just got even less likely now we’ve got Kasper’s huge wages off the bill. 

£60m for Maddison could be £25m next season with 12 months left on his contract.Now if he has a poor season due to his move to us falling through ……….

9 minutes ago, tomlynnherrington said:

£60m for Maddison could be £25m next season with 12 months left on his contract.Now if he has a poor season due to his move to us falling through ……….

You aren’t bidding £60m, you are bidding £40m, if that. Pay the £60m and you might have a chance. 

2 minutes ago, tomlynnherrington said:

I never said we were.£60m has been mentioned though 👍

We can only wait and see, we and the Leicester fan don't have a clue on what's actually happening. Soon find out though, as there's only about 4 weeks for the window to end.