James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

3 minutes ago, Foxedup said:

We don’t really need to outside of a right winger and maybe a keeper if Kasper goes. He was on over £120k a week and it frees up a fair chuck of wages.

By all accounts, Rodgers wants more players in - not that this really means a lot though.

Edited by et tu brute

6 minutes ago, Foxedup said:

We don’t have to sell either of them.

The idea is to offload others, Choudhury, Mendy, Vestergaard, Praet, Soumare. Soyuncu or Tielemans seeing as they have one year left. Or even an Iheanacho, or Thomas.

We have loads of assets we can get rid of if we really really had to. Many of them are likely to leave towards the end of the window on loan, or late sales. 

The chances of us not shifting some of them are remotely slim, and thus unless we get an offer we can’t refuse, or a players kicks off, those two are quite likely to stay. They are at the bottom of the list in terms of who we want to sell.

So if people wonder why we aren’t falling over ourselves to accept £35-£45m. It’s because of that. 

Doesn’t this depend on whether Maddison intends to sign a new contract though? If they’re in negotiations and the signs are good then don’t sell, but if not then now is the time. Selling a player with one year left will be a bad position to be in in a year.

That said, sub £50m offers don’t really push Leicester into making a hard decision IMO, even if they’ll get less than that next summer.

Edited by Kimbo

I was about to write something about Tielemans but Foxedup has way surpassed the drivel I had down. Leicester will be shifting someone once the season starts. Its almost nailed on.

Whether they sell Maddison is a different question, but I don't think our people are stupid enough to waste time if there were little chance of success. It must be a possible goer.

2 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

By all accounts, Rodgers wants more players in - not that means a lot though.

What manager doesn’t, it was partly a response to a loss at Forest to motivate/ kick a few arses. 

There is also a bigger issue next summer where we have loads out of contract. So it was preemptive rebuild now, rather than leaving it all to next summer.

Go through the squad man for man and I think it’s pretty bloody good.

8 minutes ago, Foxedup said:

We don’t have to sell either of them.

The idea is to offload others, Choudhury, Mendy, Vestergaard, Praet, Soumare. Soyuncu or Tielemans seeing as they have one year left. Or even an Iheanacho, or Thomas.

We have loads of assets we can get rid of if we really really had to. Many of them are likely to leave towards the end of the window on loan, or late sales. 

The chances of us not shifting some of them are remotely slim, and thus unless we get an offer we can’t refuse, or a players kicks off, those two are quite likely to stay. They are at the bottom of the list in terms of who we want to sell.

So if people wonder why we aren’t falling over ourselves to accept £35-£45m. It’s because of that. 

What happened with Soumare? He was one of the players we put a massive bid in for a couple of years ago but he turned us down. 

Is he just rubbish? Seems to have completely flopped. 

Just now, Foxedup said:

What manager doesn’t, it was partly a response to a loss at Forest to motivate/ kick a few arses. 

There is also a bigger issue next summer where we have loads out of contract. So it was preemptive rebuild now, rather than leaving it all to next summer.

Go through the squad man for man and I think it’s pretty bloody good.

I agree your squad is fine, just got to wait and see what happens for the rest of the window though. 

2 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Doesn’t this depend on whether Maddison intends to sign a new contract though? If they’re in negotiations and the signs are good then don’t sell, but if not then now is the time. Selling a player with one year left will be a bad position to be in in a year.

That said, sub £50m offers don’t really push Leicester into making a hard decision IMO, even if they’ll get less than that next summer.

Maybe, maybe not. Burnley kept turning down bids on Tarkowski because they new how important he was to them. And we aren’t Burnley, as I said yesterday don’t forget we have a billionaire owner who is happy to put his hand in his pocket as well. 

It’s more than possible to get good money for him next year also. Down to the club and the owner, but it’s by no means a forgone conclusion that the way think like that.

6 minutes ago, Stottie said:

I was about to write something about Tielemans but Foxedup has way surpassed the drivel I had down. Leicester will be shifting someone once the season starts. Its almost nailed on.

Whether they sell Maddison is a different question, but I don't think our people are stupid enough to waste time if there were little chance of success. It must be a possible goer.

Aye mate, it must that you know more about the inner workings of Leicester than the average Leicester fan :lol:

We had exactly the same hubris when we were after Diego Carlos and know-nowts like you thought they knew better than the Sevilla fan on here who, shock horror, was absolutely right. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

2 minutes ago, St1pe said:

What happened with Soumare? He was one of the players we put a massive bid in for a couple of years ago but he turned us down. 

Is he just rubbish? Seems to have completely flopped. 

Just struggled to get up to premier league pace and struggled a bit with settling in another country from what we heard.

Actually looked great pre season to be fair. He’s got talent, just needs to get on his toes and make quick decisions.

9 minutes ago, Stottie said:

Of course it's a possible goer, otherwise we wouldn't be wasting our time pursuing it. Doesn't mean it's going to happen, but there must be a chance if we put up the money they are looking for, or close enough. You wouldn't expect Leicester fans to be happy about it, but that's understandable.

I don’t necessarily see the urgent need to sell him with two years left on his contract. Say they sell him for £50m, who are they bringing in to take his spot and have the impact that he does for them? I’d wait the year because they’re more likely to drop down a few positions without him which could well cost them what they would lose in his transfer fee anyways. 

37 minutes ago, Ste said:

I don’t necessarily see the urgent need to sell him with two years left on his contract. Say they sell him for £50m, who are they bringing in to take his spot and have the impact that he does for them? I’d wait the year because they’re more likely to drop down a few positions without him which could well cost them what they would lose in his transfer fee anyways. 

You'd have to ask why they have supposedly lined up Houssem Aouar as his replacement then. Most clubs want to hold onto their best players as long as they can, but in reality when it gets down to 24 months on the contract, they want to get the fee while they can. Leicester do operate like that generally anyway, they sell high then buy low.

46 minutes ago, Ste said:

He might be absolutely gasping to come, for all we know.

11 minutes ago, TRon said:

You'd have to ask why they have supposedly lined up Houssem Aouar as his replacement then. Most clubs want to hold onto their best players as long as they can, but in reality when it gets down to 24 months on the contract, they want to get the fee while they can. Leicester do operate like that generally anyway, they sell high then buy low.

Lets go in for Aouar, Nice stepping stone player it seems like. 

5 minutes ago, snakzz said:

Lets go in for Aouar, Nice stepping stone player it seems like. 

I did ask whether it might be worth a cheeky bid yesterday, Leicester's scouting is usually on the money, if they think he's a prospect then he probably is.

21 minutes ago, TRon said:

Forgot they were linked with him. I did read recently about a trend of clubs allowing contracts to run down rather than sell but can’t remember the exact reason why, may have been down to league position and the difference in money maybe? 

15 minutes ago, Rich said:

He might be absolutely gasping to come, for all we know.

I hope so, I would love him here and it may well come down to how much noise he makes rather than a difference of £5-10m in valuation.