James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

The Express ffs. Hardly unequivocal, either, “Leicester value Maddison at around £60m, and Newcastle may now move on to fresh targets.”

It also references the Daily Star. That's like me quoting dave from the pub.

3 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Just saw this, don't know if it's been posted before.

That's an incredibly impressive statistic and one I had no idea about. 

Even more impressive that its over 4yrs. 

skysports-graphic-james-maddison_5852720.thumb.jpg.ee82c89d5f542c48722a3e6725a8b25b.jpg

Wow, why don't we sign that De Bruyne bloke? He seems a real gem!

I’m a big fan of Maddison and I think he has the ability to make us a top 8 side but he’s not an absolute priority in terms of his position. Striker and potentially a pure right winger with pace would still be my key targets. Personally think that Willock will show more this season and I’m interested if Almiron can translate some of his pre-season form. The absolute number one priority is a striker though 

10 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Hopefully we move on to getting a striker 

In terms of improving our starting 11, Maddison would have been much more important than signing a striker. We do need a back up striker though.

I understand we need a striker because of Wilsons unreliability injury wise. But say Wilson doesn't get injured from now to January we are gonna have spent our full wad on a striker who's not gonna play much unless it's an absolute top tier one who's gonna cost 70 million plus

Which isn't happening...

When we've got a set budget and we still have first team positions that need improved I'd rather we took the gamble of improving them positions first rather than a back up striker

Edited by jack j

The striker targets we’re looking at seem like versatile strikers though who can play across the line. They’ve all been young players with room for development too. I think it’s an absolutely key signing, both as cover but also for offering something different as well 

1 minute ago, jack j said:

I understand we need a striker because of Wilsons unreliability injury wise. But say Wilson doesn't get injured from now to January we are gonna have spent our full wad on a striker who's not gonna play much unless it's an absolute top tier one who's gonna cost 70 million plus

Which isn't happening...

Aye, it’s why it seems a loan or signing of a younger player who won’t expect to start every game is the play.

I’d argue a winger is the most critical one, though I’m keen to see Miggy in the new high-pressing system.

1 minute ago, jack j said:

Which isn't happening...

Which is why we’re linked with striker/winger/forward types like Ekitike or Werner rather than an out and out CF? 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

In terms of improving our starting 11, Maddison would have been much more important than signing a striker. We do need a back up striker though.

It would have, but I do think us being a very likely injury away from starting Chris Wood should be the main focus for us.

Just my opinion as well obviously, but I think an out and out RW is a more suitable fit than Maddison, as good as he is.

Just now, Rich said:

Aye, it’s why it seems a loan or signing of a younger player who won’t expect to start every game is the play.

I’d argue a winger is the most critical one, though I’m keen to see Miggy in the new high-pressing system.

Agree. Think Cornet for the money and his versatility makes a lot of sense. He'd probably start as the RW in our side, but he'd also offer depth at striker, both winger positions and even at left back if absolutely needed. 

Cornet + a player like Maddison (or Paqueta despite us seemingly not being in for him) would exceed all expectations I had for the summer. I do think Cornet is a no brainer at this point in time. 

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

It would have, but I do think us being a very likely injury away from starting Chris Wood should be the main focus for us.

Just my opinion as well obviously, but I think an out and out RW is a more suitable fit than Maddison, as good as he is.

Yeah RW was always the priority and I do think we will get one. I agree regarding we are a Wilson injury away from struggling up top again. That’s why I think Werner would be ideal as he plays both positions.