James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

Just now, et tu brute said:

We can only wait and see, we and the Leicester fan don't have a clue on what's actually happening. Soon find out though, as there's only about 4 weeks for the window to end.

Thank god 

8 minutes ago, tomlynnherrington said:

You said we are fairly well off in midfield suggesting we wouldn’t need Maddison’s goals and assists from there.Where and who is the forward you are thinking off remembering Eddie won’t play two up top? 

I think the MF goals will be shared over a season between Bruno, Maxi, Willock, Almiron & Shelvey. My point is we have Wilson then no one in particular to back him up so I'm not sure Id be spending 50+ mil on another midfielder. In terms of another forward: Toney, Mitro, Werner, Broja....

Edited by OverThere

1 minute ago, OverThere said:

I think the MF goals will be shared over a season between Bruno, Maxi, Willock, Almiron & Shelvey. My point is we have Wilson then no one in particular to back him up so I'm not sure Id be spending 50 mil on another midfielder. In term of another forward: Toney, Mitro, Werner, Broja....

None of the forwards you name would get a game if Wilson stays fit,and they’ll no doubt be aware of that ,therefore I cannot see any of them signing.Willock,Almiron and Shelvey will struggle to score 10 goals between them and probably have fewer assists.You can probably tell I rate Maddison highly ?.We definitely need another quality striker but can we afford Maddison and another striker,unless the striker arrives on loan.

7 minutes ago, tomlynnherrington said:

None of the forwards you name would get a game if Wilson stays fit,and they’ll no doubt be aware of that ,therefore I cannot see any of them signing.Willock,Almiron and Shelvey will struggle to score 10 goals between them and probably have fewer assists.You can probably tell I rate Maddison highly ?.We definitely need another quality striker but can we afford Maddison and another striker,unless the striker arrives on loan.

I’m sure we can afford Maddison and a new striker. However for reasons known only to the club they’ve decided a much more cautious approach. I’m inclined to let them get on with it and see what happens.

I think it's probably similar to the Bruno signing in that we suddenly became aware of a top player having an interest in coming, and it's to good to not try at this stage in our project.

I don't think he's someone we would've been scouting extensively or anything. It just adds so much to the first xi, why wouldn't we want him.

1 hour ago, BonesJones said:

I think it's probably similar to the Bruno signing in that we suddenly became aware of a top player having an interest in coming, and it's to good to not try at this stage in our project.

I don't think he's someone we would've been scouting extensively or anything. It just adds so much to the first xi, why wouldn't we want him.

I suppose it’s a good thing that Maddison hasn’t come out and said he’s happy where he is.If we do have to pay £60m,we’ll probably be getting our second top goalscorer and our top player for assists this season.

5 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Yeah personally I don't think he's worth 60m, 50m is roughly the right price (he is worth more than 40m though)

Now you're getting it....half a shekle you must be mad!

13 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Yeah personally I don't think he's worth 60m, 50m is roughly the right price (he is worth more than 40m though)

I’d pay 60 for him because I think he would be that transformative to the team. Regardless I think he will stay at Leicester and has used us to get a new deal.

There's no denying we have a decent midfield when fit but Maddison sat in front of our 2 Brazilians will take us to the next level, no one in the side is capable of producing that many goal contributions and we're not replacing Wilson, we need a deputy to step in if (when) he's injured.

There's no denying it's imperative we get a bench striker or someone on the right that can play forward but Maddison is a no brainer if we can strike a deal. I still think this deal has legs.

7 minutes ago, Sima said:

Inkling is if this was happening it would be on the move by now.

Maybe it is. Could be negotiating an agreement as I type.

If it wasn't still in play we also would have heard we are moving on... or so my half full glass says.

Shhhhh don't tell anyone you heard this here.

This transfer may...or may not happen.

It may be for about £53 million...or not.

It will or won't be confirmed on Friday about tea-time.

Every single journalist will say they knew it would go ahead or it won't.

When James signs..or doesn't, he will tell everyone how great a club Leicester..or Newcastle United is.

Twitter will go mental, just the same as it does every day.

4 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

No idea if this guy has inside knowledge but he's hinting a new deal has been signed in this tweet (he works at talksport and is a Leicester fan).

He’s said from the start of this that Maddison is using us to get a new deal.