James Maddison (now playing for Tottenham Hotspur)

The Prophet

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Ah, I see. But I'm basing it on other similar types of players that are top tier, and realistic for us to get.

There'll be loads of players discussed that haven't leaked yet. The Maddison news only just broke for the first time today due to a bid after all. 

Fair enough :thup:

19 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I try not to grumble about our support, but ho’way man, we can’t possibly be complaining about bidding for Maddison?

After slogging through “More Transfer Rumours” yesterday I woke up, saw this thread, and clicked on expecting to see wall-to-wall excitement and happiness.

It’s absolutely insane to me that anyone is negative about this. The single reason to be sceptical is if you think it’s a derisory opening bid and there’s no intention of following through, you’re just (Ashley-style) pretending. Here’s a newsflash. Ashley doesn’t own you any more. You really, really do have infinite money. You’re not going to spend it all at once (you can’t, FFP etc) but you’re going to spend it all eventually because as we’ve seen with Man City, Chelsea- and even Liverpool and Man U - sooner or later it sticks.

He’s really bloody good, and yes, he’s better at what he does than anybody you have, so buying him is a positive. If you pay 60M, whatever. You’re not going bankrupt, you’re not getting relegated. Sure, you can wonder about whether you can spend that money better elsewhere, but that’s a conversation you have weeks ago. At this point, what exactly are you afraid of? 

1 minute ago, The Butcher said:

Next

As I said I’m so baffled at our valuation and bidding of players . Never a hope of getting Maddison for anywhere near as low as £35m 

Just now, gdm said:

As I said I’m so baffled at our valuation and bidding of players . Never a hope of getting Maddison for anywhere near as low as £35m 

Yeah, it's strange, but it seems Leicester are desperate to move players on before they can do anything in the market, and so maybe we wanted to see just how desperate they were perhaps?

9 minutes ago, gdm said:

We’ve consistently underbid for every player so far. Made a hash of January because of it.

If we’re going in for players like this we need to return to the table with a bid that’ll get him, we clearly have the ability to do so.

An initial low ball offer isn’t too bad, but we can’t drag them out trying to haggle too far like we did in January.

Sensible to not get totally ripped off but when you’re dealing with players like Maddison, you’re going to have to pay a sensible price.

We’re desperate for a bit more technical quality in the side. Love the idea of getting Maddison in- the tactical options we’d have with him in the team would be amazing- though I’d very much doubt that we’d pay what Leicester would want.

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

We’ve consistently underbid for every player so far. Made a hash of January because of it.

If we’re going in for players like this we need to return to the table with a bid that’ll get him, we clearly have the ability to do so.

An initial low ball offer isn’t too bad, but we can’t drag them out trying to haggle too far like we did in January.

Sensible to not get totally ripped off but when you’re dealing with players like Maddison, you’re going to have to pay a sensible price.

You think we made a hash of things in January?! :lol:

3 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Underbid so much for Ekitike he went for less.

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Going from Botman and Carlos to Dan Burn and failing to sign Ekitike, yes.

"Making a hash" of things is incredibly harsh like, and to be honest not even true, we tried to add quality, they didn't pay off so moved onto other targets. 

Them targets then massively improved is and where one of the main reasons we stayed up.