Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

I'm still trusting we have a plan and they're working hard behind the scenes.

We've obviously missed some targets, whether that's through our failure or players/agents. Can't deny that I'd have hoped we had some new attacking options in by now!

Just got to trust the process. We've hired imo, competent football people to oversee the transformation of the club. Hopefully we will start to see the fruits of that in the coming seasons.

18 minutes ago, Cronky said:

I'm not too bothered about Cornet. He's not much better than what we've got.

Why do people feel the need to say this? :lol:

How much of him did you see playing at Lyon?

20 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Why do people feel the need to say this? :lol:

How much of him did you see playing at Lyon?

It’s a ridiculous thing to say. He’s miles better than Murphy, Fraser and Almiron. More goals (in a worse team) than our current best winger too. Madness.

2 minutes ago, McCormick said:

It’s a ridiculous thing to say. He’s miles better than Murphy, Fraser and Almiron. More goals (in a worse team) than our current best winger too. Madness.

Well he may be better than Fraser and Almiron, but I wouldn't say miles better. Let's leave Murphy out of it. 

I'd say if we're going to bring someone else in for the wide positions, we ought to be aiming a bit higher than Cornet. Fraser and Almiron can still do a job for us in the meantime.

Just opinions.

59 minutes ago, Abacus said:

Do you remember when the genuine "big" club announcements were that we'd dug a borehole at the training ground to save money on water bills?

It wasn’t even the club, it was explatory work on the old brewery site.

Edited by Stifler

43 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Well he may be better than Fraser and Almiron, but I wouldn't say miles better. Let's leave Murphy out of it. 

I'd say if we're going to bring someone else in for the wide positions, we ought to be aiming a bit higher than Cornet. Fraser and Almiron can still do a job for us in the meantime.

Just opinions.

Fair enough, but surely you can see that, with a supposed budget in place, 17.5m for a player of his calibre is an absolute steal. Sorting out our RW with Cornet, leaves us more cash to spend on a permanent move for a striker.

4 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Fair enough, but surely you can see that, with a supposed budget in place, 17.5m for a player of his calibre is an absolute steal. Sorting out our RW with Cornet, leaves us more cash to spend on a permanent move for a striker.

What striker is going for 22.5 million or under though

16 minutes ago, jack j said:

What striker is going for 22.5 million or under though

That’s assuming the remaining budget is 40m; you could get a young back up from France for that. If it’s 50 or 60, there’s more than enough to get a serviceable to very good striker in? Anyway, obviously I’ve no idea what’s going on. Fun to speculate though while there’s seemingly fuck all transfer news to talk about.

Edited by McCormick

2 hours ago, McCormick said:

One of the Youtube vloggers saying the reason clubs have been hesitant to trigger Cornet's release contract is he has some muscle tissue ptoblems which makes him prone to injuries if he plays 90 mins. No idea if this is true, but he was out for long periods last season.