Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 minute ago, TRon said:

He scored 29 in a season for Fluminese. I know that's not top level, but it shows he knows the way to goal.

Seemed to move very smoothly and quickly with the ball, and play with his head up. Not one I’d thought of but I’d be relatively happy and interested to see how he’d do. 

Having Bruno and Joelinton would help him as well. 

I'll admit I haven't seen loads of him but when I saw the link my first thought was "he's meant to be quite good", then I come in here and he's Chris Wood mark 2.

Funny really because Chris Wood is a 30 year old New Zealander, who's got a decent scoring record in the PL and is seen as a traditional centre forward, hold up the ball, get on the end of crosses, that type and Pedro is a 20 year old fleet footed technical type, more in the mould of Ayoze Perez?

I mean I'm all for writing off a promising young Brazilian who actually got alot of experience and alot of promise but I'm not sure why?

Just now, Nine said:

Play in a terrible Watford side though? 

Yeah it’s a fair point, as I said earlier I saw quite a bit of them last season and he didn’t stand out much. That’s all I can base him on though so can’t get excited about the signing.

Just now, NEEJ said:

Of course not, I just struggle to believe people have seen enough of him either way to sound so authoritative about where his ceiling sits. 

Very few here will have, thats why writing him off instantly is just ridiculous. I understand he may not be as fashionable signing as some may like but that doesnt mean he cant be effective for us.

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Everything you read about him based on all the modern scouting metrics are flagging him as high potential prospect. 

It's exactly the kind of versatile striker the club have been after for that backup role. Looks a really good fit for what we're after.

1 minute ago, STM said:

I'll admit I haven't seen loads of him but when I saw the link my first thought was "he's meant to be quite good", then I come in here and he's Chris Wood mark 2.

Funny really because Chris Wood is a 30 year old New Zealander, who's got a decent scoring record in the PL and is seen as a traditional centre forward, hold up the ball, get on the end of crosses, that type and Pedro is a 20 year old fleet footed technical type, more in the mould of Ayoze Perez?

I mean I'm all for writing off a promising young Brazilian who actually got alot of experience and alot of promise but I'm not sure why?

He’s only Chris wood mark 2 in as much as they struggle to score goals which isn’t ideal if Wilson gets injured 

6 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

image.thumb.jpeg.c82c90f0f2a869d3e7d6025b498c47ed.jpeg

image.jpeg.69fc14bc51613199e34915fc010b33ef.jpeg

Weird attitude. Not everyone thinks every player is a good signing. I respect your opinion if you think this is a good signing and do not act in this way because you think differently. 

Edited by Ikon

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Clearly no consideration of the 8 players behind them. Sweet. :thup:

They weren’t a struggling side in the championship when they got promoted tho were they and he only managed 8 goals in 38 games….in the championship. 

sweet :thup:

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

The Wood mark 2 comments are ridiculous, but people have seen enough of him to not rate him and not want to sign him. 

I doubt they have.

Every single scouting report on the guy gives glowing marks, and the fans that watch him every week at Watford are raving about him.

Joao Pedro would be an excellent signing for us. Can't see why anyone would complain about signing a player like him. Far more proven than Ekitike that many were excited for at £35m+ and roughly same age. His versatility suits as well as he can play across the front 3 and would be a very good backup if Wilson broke down. 

From the Athletic (still nothing ftom our end yet):

"Watford have rejected an opening bid in the region of £20million from Newcastle United for forward Joao Pedro, The Athletic understands.

Watford rate the Brazilian – who scored on his last visit to St James Park in January – as a key player for the bid to get back into the Premier League and insist that the 20-year-old will not be sold during this transfer window.

It’s believed that Watford turned the offer down late last week after Newcastle reviewed recruitment targets, with Joao Pedro being high on the list.

Signed from Fluminense in 2019, Joao Pedro has scored 14 goals (with four assists) in 77 appearances. He also scored in Watford’s opening day victory over Sheffield United this season. 

It’s unclear at this stage whether Newcastle will come back with a further offer, despite Watford’s stance that he won’t be sold.

So far, Watford have already let one of their key players leave as striker Emmanuel Dennis sealed a move to Premier League side Nottingham Forest. "

Guest HTT II

It appears the club want a young, but versatile striker who will be an understudy for now, but who they can develop or hope becomes a top player in the near future which stands to reason as a fit Wilson plays every week and gets you 15 + goals. I think they would prefer to spend a certain amount on that type of player and spend more on a more established RW/right sided midfielder. I don’t think our interest in Maddison or that Leeds fella has ended or even Diaby. I’ve not seen anything of Pedro, but I’d back our scouting team and manager to get things more right than wrong when identifying a potential prospect in the making. 

Edited by HTT II

1 minute ago, gdm said:

They weren’t a struggling side in the championship when they got promoted tho were they and he only managed 8 goals in 38 games….in the championship. 

sweet :thup:

He was 18 at that time. I would call that pretty decent.

Just now, KaKa said:

I doubt they have.

Every single scouting report on the guy gives glowing marks, and the fans that watch him every week at Watford are raving about him.

I watched him quite a lot last season and seen all 3 of the Watford games this season, he hasn’t stood out in any of those games. Maybe he would improve massively here, but based on what I’ve saw of him I wouldn’t be massively excited by the signing