Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

2 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Do we think Howe will be giving World Cup players time off to recover? Could be an issue going into the Christmas fixtures and out the other side. Would be good if we have a couple of players lined up to come in as soon as the window opens. 

At this point it is likely the players coming in would also have played at the WC though. The final is 8 days before we play Leicester so maybe that is enough?

Factor in that some guys will get knocked out of the World Cup early aswell 

2 minutes ago, NWMag said:

Right wing has massively dropped down the priority order now. Get another top class midfielder first

I think a quality winger who can play either right or left is still important if anything to cover for injuries or give another option off the bench. 

An attacking midfielder would be ace

Edited by ExiledGeordie

1 minute ago, sempuki said:

Hope they can persuade the Chairman to go for it in January. Diaby and Maddison would be nice. They might make the bench if they are lucky the way we are playing.

Think the chairman won’t need any persuading. More strength and depth  incoming  :indi:

1 minute ago, sempuki said:

Hope they can persuade the Chairman to go for it in January. Diaby and Maddison would be nice. They might make the bench if they are lucky the way we are playing.

Signing those two would be outrageous though not sure we can afford both in Jan. I think it’ll be at least one quality signing though. 

Unless it's the perfect player, at the perfect price, there's no reason to get silly.

I agree with the above, if we can get a couple of talented youngsters who can start driving up the standard of our bench, I think that would be great.

I think Maddison will sign, but it might be in the summer.

My wish for Christmas is that we can sign reliable and similar quality backup for our vital players namely:

Pope

Trippier

Botman

Joelinton

Bruno 

ASM 

Wilson

When do we get the backup in, is anybody's guess. But I fear whoever we have as backup to these players now, aren't at the same level.

Yeah no need to go spending silly amounts in Jan when we seemed so well oiled at the moment, everyone settled and happy. 

Think we might see 1 first teamer and 1 younger prospect come in. 

Just now, Pokerprince2004 said:

You guys think Bellingham is a possibility or are we still not established enough to maybe tempt him. Imagine Bruno, Bellingham and Big Joe as our midfield 3  :drool:

No chance 

1 minute ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

You guys think Bellingham is a possibility or are we still not established enough to maybe tempt him? Imagine Bruno, Bellingham and Big Joe as our midfield 3  :drool:

Champs league is needed for a chance

It's just not worth us spending 100m on any 1 player. In order to do that, the rest of your squad needs to be mustard.

You spend 100m in the final piece of the jigsaw, we need several pieces.

I have faith in our recruitment team to find those players like Bruno that aren't yet seen as finished article so get at a decent price. It's going to be brutal when we sell off some pieces of this team to fund it though, absolutely fucking love the lot of them

1 hour ago, NWMag said:

Right wing has massively dropped down the priority order now. Get another top class midfielder first

It's incredible right?

Think we'll now bring in some young wonderkid type to bring along as an alternative to Miggy on that side. We were linked with this kid earlier this week. Seems to fit the bill. Apparently has been doing well in the Europe League this season.