Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Howe has got a fantastic tune out of these players. January will be very interesting, if we do buy we need to make sure the rhythm and style isn’t interrupted.

Longstaff is probably most at risk for an upgrade - though his work rate has been pretty impressive lately. Get it right  and top 6 is a real possibility.

14 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

I think we will try for Joao Pedro again.

There were also strong rumours of Edson Álvarez at the end of the window, and with Ajax now out of the Champions League, perhaps that may be revisited.

2 really good shouts. However having watched Ajax this season a good few times 2 players who massively impressed me have been Mo Kudus (nearly signed for Everton in the summer) and Kenneth Taylor. Would also love to sign Jurrien Timber he can play RB and CB very similar to Lisandro Martinez play style. At CB Botman height would compliment him very well.

I'm definitely getting carried away but if we get Maddison our right side will be absolutely disgusting. Bruno, Tripps and Miggy are already shredding teams, add Maddison to the right side of our midfield 3 and noone stands a chance defending against those 4

3 minutes ago, Ginola said:

I'm definitely getting carried away but if we get Maddison our right side will be absolutely disgusting. Bruno, Tripps and Miggy are already shredding teams, add Maddison to the right side of our midfield 3 and noone stands a chance defending against those 4

Leaving the left wide open to Maxi, Willock and Isak :pedro:

1 hour ago, STM said:

A CB who can play RB would be perfect for us. Cover for when Krafth is out and then cover for after Lascelles leaves.

Totally agree with this idea - exactly what I want aswell - has to be of a really good technical standard 

37 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Isak is going to absolutely destroy teams by the way. Just wait. 

100% agree. Can't wait for his return, he's going to be our main man going forward imo. The little glimpses we've seen have been so sxciting, such a slick and classy player. Also really surprised how quick he is!

If he stays fit and gets a good run in the team I bet he becomes alot of peoples favourite.

Edited by BonesJones

1 hour ago, BonesJones said:

100% agree. Can't wait for his return, he's going to be our main man going forward imo. The little glimpses we've seen have been so sxciting, such a slick and classy player. Also really surprised how quick he is!

If he stays fit and gets a good run in the team I bet he becomes alot of peoples favourite.

he’s got an ice cold killer mentality too. the way he’s so calm and collected and ability on the ball. I can’t wait to see him playing with this current team. 

I bloody love Wilson too by the way; our best since Big Al - underrated and under appreciated by mainstream fans as they don’t see his incredible pressing, leadership, gamesmanship and of course top quality center forward play. 

1 hour ago, BrianSwan said:

Zaha and Tielemans on a free next Summer

Maddison or Trossard on a cut price deal

Tielmans on a free is a no brainer, especially with his form in the last few weeks. Unfortunately alot of clubs will think the same so it will not be easy.

Zaha can stay at Palace though, i get that he'd be free but there's better options than him for us now. Terrier is the one I'd want to go for rather than Zaha.

Maddison is an obvious one if the fee/wages line up and he fits in with what Howe wants.

Aging former superstars is very much the opposite of what Newcastle United would be looking at moving forward, methinks. Lazy journalism tropes include "Newly minted Newcastle is looking at [aging overpaid former superstar]", and "Newcastle United had better watch out as Big Clubs X & Y are circling around their best player.'.

In the first instance, we now make superstars, and clearly want to be run sustainably. In the second, we are now very much a Big Club. The journos are still lagging behind and assume we're run by Mike fucking Ashley. 

With how we are playing right now and the general jist of this thread we need 2/3 signings max in January, throw in some exciting youth purchases, obviously barring any major injuries.

Defensive Mid 

Trossard/Maddison type

Back up RB/RCB.

With regards to RCB I’ve been very impressed with Ronnie Edwards at Peterborough who they tried to tout to us when we gave them Kell Watts.