Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Not sure how realistic, but I do think that we could do with 2 or 3 close-to-first-11 quality players in January.

We play with such intensity that with the limited alternatives we currently have, burnout is a considerable risk.

15 hours ago, mikejaxer said:

An important signing for me is a RB to learn from Trippier. At 32 he isn't going to be around forever, and he's likely to be playing a lot of games for England during the WC as well.

Think we will sign Harrison Ashby in Jan from West Ham. Apparently he has turned down further contract offers from them so they want to get some money in Jan for him 

One real quality midfielder/winger for me to give us a boost but not rock the boat.

Only other thing would be a backup right back - as the drop off to Manquillo the other night was mortifying.

Edited by ponsaelius

3 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

One real quality midfielder/winger for me to give us a boost but not rock the boat.

Only other thing would be a backup right back - as the drop off to Manquillo the other night was mortifying.

Manquillo was SO poor. Made a mistake every time he touched the ball.

35 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

I think most of the fringe players when thrown in together look pretty average. When there's only 1-2 of them in surrounded by the first-choice XI they've tended to do okay under Howe.

No chance of Enzo now (because of price) but he would be the ultimate signing. He’s almost like Bruno but more dynamic. 

Absolutely amazing if we could get him to play in the deeper role and push Bruno into a more of a 8. His pressing is class, Great on the ball and his passing is progressive too. Very good defensively. Would contribute offensively too. Can’t see it though. Dream!

Maybe that Perrone lad can become our future Enzo if we get him.

Edited by Ikon

Just now, Ikon said:

No chance of Enzo now (because of price) but he would be the ultimate signing. He’s almost like Bruno but more dynamic. 

Absolutely amazing if we could get him to play in the deeper role and push Bruno into a more of a 8. His pressing is class, Great on the ball and his passing is progressive too. Very good defensively.  Can’t see it. 

Our owners might! :tobey:

On current form it's a bit difficult to argue who should be replaced. Wood would be the most obvious but he's played an effective (if not goal scoring) role, and obviously Trippier isn't getting any younger, but I don't know of any right back who is as influential and effective at the moment.

At least 9 of our current starting 11 are playing well enough to make themselves undroppable going into the January window

Arsenal- won't sign Maddison as they have Odegaard.

City- Yes but that would be indulgent and Pep has said they aren't spending.

Chelsea- would throw silly wages at Maddison and I could see them being willing to pay more but would he see them as a good project?

Spurs- think they will target other areas, doesn't really suit their system.

Liverpool- I think Maddison would be an amazing signing for Liverpool, perhaps an alternate to Bellingham.

Man United- They should be looking at him but they have just signed Antony, Casemiro and Eriksen and again there's talk of a lack of funds.

In short, if we have done our work, we have as good a chance as any. We'd have to make him our top earner, I suspect.

Edited by STM