Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Could see Kvaratskhelia being the marquee summer signing. Hard to see Napoli selling in January but he seems perfect for what Howe wants us to do. Absolutely dynamite with the ball at his feet but will also run his bollocks off when we don't have the ball.

Could see ASM being moved on to balance the books at least somewhat.

5 hours ago, Shak said:

Could see Kvaratskhelia being the marquee summer signing. Hard to see Napoli selling in January but he seems perfect for what Howe wants us to do. Absolutely dynamite with the ball at his feet but will also run his bollocks off when we don't have the ball.

Could see ASM being moved on to balance the books at least somewhat.

People are seriously underestimating how expensive this guy is going to be by next summer and how much every top club is going to want to sign him. No chance we get him.

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

People are seriously underestimating how expensive this guy is going to be by next summer and how much every top club is going to want to sign him. No chance we get him.

Been saying this all week - has nothing to do with money - the Napoli President won’t even bother picking up the phone

2 hours ago, Mikky said:

Been saying this all week - has nothing to do with money - the Napoli President won’t even bother picking up the phone

Yeah, and even come the summer, I just don't think we'll be getting involved in going for the likes of him or Bellingham both of who every top club will be after and will be willing to pay over the odds for.

Edited by KaKa

4 hours ago, KaKa said:

Obviously we'd have to finish in a CL position but if we do then thinking we have no chance is mad to me.

The policy seems to be that we go for quality rather than quantity, I'd expect next summer will be the same with one or two eye catching signings and then opportunistic deals for players with contract situations we can exploit or for youngsters that Ashworth has identified.

If we have CL money coming in then I could see us pushing the boat out if this guy is someone we really want. They did it with Isak, no reason they wouldn't again.

Of course, it'll depend who else is after him. But I think you underestimate the appeal that NUFC would have if we made it into the CL. As Klopp said, with the spending power we have there is no ceiling and players and agents know it.

2 hours ago, Shak said:

Obviously we'd have to finish in a CL position but if we do then thinking we have no chance is mad to me.

The policy seems to be that we go for quality rather than quantity, I'd expect next summer will be the same with one or two eye catching signings and then opportunistic deals for players with contract situations we can exploit or for youngsters that Ashworth has identified.

If we have CL money coming in then I could see us pushing the boat out if this guy is someone we really want. They did it with Isak, no reason they wouldn't again.

Of course, it'll depend who else is after him. But I think you underestimate the appeal that NUFC would have if we made it into the CL. As Klopp said, with the spending power we have there is no ceiling and players and agents know it.

It has nothing to do with NUFCs appeal.

Isak we got at the perfect time. Due to the funky system the new Sociedad manager played his goal stats fell off and so a lot of teams looked elsewhere. If you look back there was no real competition for him.

The Georgian kid has had an explosive season that is going to likely lead to Napoli winning the league. He has also shone in the Champions League, and he is still young.

They are likely going to be asking for at least £100 million for him. Like I said before the likes of PSG, Man City, Bayern, Barcelona and Real will all be interested. We are not going to be getting involved with trying to sign him ahead of these types of clubs for the type of money that it will take.

The funny thing is that just a year previously his agent was touting him to clubs all over the place and they turned their noses up at him. We need to be doing the kind of behind the scene work to have us recognising this kind of talent at that stage, not at the stage he is at now.

We will be fine. I have no doubt about our recruitment anymore at all. We will continue to sign excellent players under this regime, but they will continue to be very smart about it.

58 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Napoli seem to be building a fabulous side - arguably the best in Europe. Why should they start flogging their best players at this point?

Money- To continue to rebuild? It’s their model in that they generally only spend what is made I think? Hence why Insigne, Koulibaly, Ospina, Mertens etc left in the summer and were replaced with cheaper unknown signings like Min-jae and Kvaratskhelia, and why the likes of Osimhen is linked away for money/bigger wages.

Edited by Manxst

Just like the Wood comment the other day that he’s fine playing 5 minutes and pressing, a whole game and playing his role but all he wants is to be part of this and contribute. 

Maxi surely knows that Thuram could displace him in the team and yet he’s trying to get him over here. Just class culture Eddie’s built.