Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

9 hours ago, Mazzy said:

Martin Terrier from Rennes would still be my first choice for a January signing.

Stats this season have been very good (8 goals, 3 assists in 14 games) and can genuinely play anywhere across the front 3 very well.

Seems exactly what we need, however Thuram is very similar in alot of ways so I wouldn't be displeased with signing him.

For me we need a 3 dimensional forward as I would call him - one that plays in all 3 positions 

If we want to sign players this January window, the options we'll have compared to the last one will be significantly, significantly better.

There can't be too many players we're not in the conversation for, these days, though obviously we're now competing with far bigger clubs than we were before.

I'd be surprised if there wasn't at least one Bruno-esque buy, given our position.

10 hours ago, reefatoon said:

Think he brought Ritchie on as a farewell display. Looked like a gesture to me. 

I noticed that he must have a move lined up, Maddison for Willock seems like a great step up in player however we need replacements for our bench plodders

1 minute ago, Rich said:

If we want to sign players this January window, the options we'll have compared to the last one will be significantly, significantly better.

There can't be too many players we're not in the conversation for, these days, though obviously we're now competing with far bigger clubs than we were before.

I'd be surprised if there wasn't at least one Bruno-esque buy, given our position.

No way our owners won’t want to secure this position and retain the momentum. Strike while the iron is hot and all

Although ultimately money does talk and Chelsea seem to just try and do business by brute force I think the more cerebral player can be sold on the project now. I imagine we’ll pitch to them exactly how they fit into the team and what we would expect from them. No just for the sake of it signings.

2 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Although ultimately money does talk and Chelsea seem to just try and do business by brute force I think the more cerebral player can be sold on the project now. I imagine we’ll pitch to them exactly how they fit into the team and what we would expect from them. No just for the sake of it signings.

This, exactly. Perfect game for Maddison to be sitting in the stands in his Disney fleece watching yesterday. :tobey:

Just now, GeordieDazzler said:

Howe will have a technical drawing out showing the missing piece in our project that happens to be the exact same shape and profile of said target. In that light bulb ? moment the deal is sealed! 

Probably going to get pelters for this and maybe rightly so but I just don’t see where Maddison fits in our system. 

We don’t really play the 10 role. I know he’s had some success as a sort of wide right position but I don’t see him ahead of Miggy. I don’t think he’s aggressive/athletic enough to perform the role Longstaff and Willock play. 

He scores a lot of his goals from set pieces but so has Trippier for us. 

I think we’d be better off trying to invest in a proper Shelvey replacement or someone who can do the Longstaff/Willock role better allowing Bruno to get forward more. 

His stats have been really good but he’s such an awkward player to fit in. I think it’s why he didn’t really get any England time. 

Not really for us to worry about, to be honest, but maybe you're right and we aren't still in for him?

However, this time last year I would have been adamant that Almiron wasn't a right-winger and just look at him now.

image.thumb.png.d5ef8453c49447759426f179cbdd72cc.png

But just for accuracy's sake, here's his career playing positions to date. I'm certain he could excel in either of the wide CM slots for us based on his qualities (*but most likely on the right).

We're probably a bit overloaded with pressing monsters atm, our front 6 yesterday are all arguably better for their defensive application rather than their quality in attack (not that Almiron, Willock, Joelinton and Bruno are poor on the  ball like).

I think Maddison replaces one of Longstaff or Willock easily, potentially both if Joelinton comes back into midfield.

Just now, Rich said:

From the summer, am I right in thinking that it was Ashby, Ekitike, Harrison, Maddison, Joao Pedro, and Pulisic that we made concrete reported offers for and didn't manage to get them?

Seemed to be. 

6 minutes ago, Northerngimp said:

Think we need cover at RB for Trippier. 

From all recent reports it seems that Ashby from West Ham is nailed on for this role. Suppose learning from KT for a couple of seasons would be fantastic for any young RB.

Signing Jorginho would enable us to give Anderson a loan move. He badly needs games. 

Having said that, I can't see Chelsea letting a player go to a CL rival half way through the season.

(Not a sentence that I ever thought I'd be saying a year ago)