Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Maddison prob could replace Longstaff in the RCM role with Almiron’s endless energy doing the extra bit of pressing that Maddison may not be able to do. You could also make a decent shout for Maddison as a LW as well with either Joelinton or Willock as a LCM backing him up. 

Would be insanely harsh on Longstaff but I feel that is prob the position most in threat. I think Willock is the better attacker and more fluid / interchangeable with the Left winger. 

Edited by Kanji

Midfield 3 of Joelinton, Bruno and Maddison is definitely viable. Joelinton and Bruno both cover enough ground to make up for any lack of defensive capability from Maddison and If you play him in the RCM position you also have Almiron on that side to track back and help him out. 

10 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

I’ve never been that fussed about Jorginho. I’d rather have Kovacic, if I had a choice.

100% would choose Kovacic every day. I think that is also Potters viewpoint hence why Jorghino is being touted on the market.

Maddison can press and does, he’s like Bruno in that he’s not very quick, but he can do that side of the game. Leicester are not really a pressing side and are more possession based, I’m sure under Howe Maddison can do the press as well as what he does best. He’s versatile too and can play a number of roles. He’d be an amazing signing. I somehow think we’ve moved on from looking at signing him though and can’t see it happening. 

10 minutes ago, King HTT III said:

Maddison can press and does, he’s like Bruno in that he’s not very quick, but he can do that side of the game. Leicester are not really a pressing side and are more possession based, I’m sure under Howe Maddison can do the press as well as what he does best. He’s versatile too and can play a number of roles. He’d be an amazing signing. I somehow think we’ve moved on from looking at signing him though and can’t see it happening. 

I think we’ll still go for him but I think we’ll probably get him next summer. 

2 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

I think we’ll still go for him but I think we’ll probably get him next summer. 

I think it’s now or never, depending on where we finish, we may see other priorities in the summer. Again, I’d love him here. He’s a top top player, scores, creates, seems a good egg and despite what others say, he can press and does work hard off the ball. 

2 hours ago, Rich said:

From the summer, am I right in thinking that it was Ashby, Ekitike, Harrison, Maddison, Joao Pedro, and Pulisic that we made concrete reported offers for and didn't manage to get them?

Ramos as well I reckon.

I think it’s now or never, depending on where we finish, we may see other priorities in the summer. Again, I’d love him here. He’s a top top player, scores, creates, seems a good egg and despite what others say, he can press and does work hard off the ball. 

Botman proves its not now or never but I get your point. We were clearly interested but it depends whether Leicester are willing to sell at a reasonable price this Jan and this is why I think it might happen in the summer. Just my opinion though. 

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It feels like we'll go back in for Pedro at some point, he looks a bit of a baller. We'll probably wait and see if Watford are promoted.

Think he went off injured yesterday? No idea how serious it is.

2 hours ago, Rich said:

From the summer, am I right in thinking that it was Ashby, Ekitike, Harrison, Maddison, Joao Pedro, and Pulisic that we made concrete reported offers for and didn't manage to get them?

I don't think Pulisic was one of them, but the rest were widely reported.

1 minute ago, Lazarus said:

Whats this about us bidding 88m for Enzo Fernandez?

Mustve passed me by with xmas

Twitterati said a €100m bid was made by an unnamed club. A Portuguese newspaper has said that it was us, and that Benfica believe we (or other clubs) will pay his full release clause value. Nothing substantial at all.

8 minutes ago, SteV said:

When was the last time Chelsea sold a genuinely established member of their squad to another PL team, and it worked out well for the buying club?

Seems like the opposite of the kind of player we're looking for these days.

Probably just the agent fucking around, we're the go to club for bullshit rumors as always.