Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

9 minutes ago, Weezertron said:

Do you really think it's likely that Eddie's constant FFP chat is enough to fool other clubs that we can't spend, and they'll not strong arm us over prices? We all know it and we're just some plebs on a forum. 

Ayoze, Bassong, Cabaye, Cisse, Tiote. Fuck, Schar is the best example of the lot. They were all bought on the cheap (I think...) and did well.

We've already started the buying potential future wonder kids, and we've bought good players for fairly high fees. We just seem to be lacking in the 'unearthing gems' department. 

I love an underdog. 

Like you say, we're just plebs but I doubt it. It's a real thing and Newcastle are catching up on sponsorship money and getting practically nothing in player sales. I would imagine they have a good idea what they can expect next year income wise and have worked out the budget for this and the next transfer period, likely beyond too really. I think strong arming over prices is indeed a thing though so I'm sure Ashworth is balancing all that. Transfer window is a fun time. I'm sure they have a plan.

5 hours ago, Minhosa said:

Would be really interested to see what Howe and his coaching team could do with Tyler Adams too btw.

Looked really athletic yesterday and fits the shithouse criteria well.

He can fuck off after this 

D2222A0B-AF65-4C75-B8F4-EB35FCBA6997.jpeg

Guest reefatoon

Proper little man syndrome. Went around trying to kick people all game. Angry little useless cunt that he was.

Newcastle United’s chief scout Steve Nickson has been spotted taking in Real Valladolid’s clash with Real Madrid as they eye up a move for highly rated youngster Iván Fresneda.

That’s according to Marca, who cover the chief scout’s visit to Spain and the potential bid that Newcastle may make for the defender.

The newspaper explains that Fresneda ‘did not disappoint’ against the La Liga champions and showed a ‘fluency unbefitting’ of a player who is only 18 years old.

Real Valladolid are aware of the growing interest in him and have already tied their prospect to a deal with a €30m release clause. That would increase to €45m if they received and rejected a proposal of more than €10m.

A move from one of a number of sides in Europe is a ‘reality’, though, and Newcastle are one of the ones readying a bid.

Marca spotted Nickson at the game against Real Madrid, where he was accompanied by Fresneda’s agent Luis Bardají.

They are the ‘most willing’ to make a financial offer for the player and it would initially be worth around €10m with the possibility of reaching €15m. There is also an idea to leave him on loan until the end of this season.

That bid is yet to be made but there is a growing sense that Newcastle will make it at some point and try to get ahead of the likes of Juventus, AC Milan, Borussia Dortmund and Rennes in the race.

Double swoop for Tielemans and Maddison makes sense. Send Dubravka the other to make up a small chunk of the outlay.

Both proven Premier League players, it's worked for us in the last couple of windows so why stop now.

I’d be a little disappointed with Tielemans as I think he’s on the decline.

Also, I’d like to see us gamble on someone from abroad who doesn’t have PL experience but who is highly rated. We’ve got Bruno, Joelinton, Longstaff and Willock who do have PL experience already so I don’t see why we need to limit ourselves to someone else with PL experience to rotate with them.

I just feel it limits the pool we are shopping from. 

That being said, I trust Eddie and the club to make the right decision even if it is Tielemans. 

4 minutes ago, LV said:

I’d be a little disappointed with Tielemans as I think he’s on the decline.

Also, I’d like to see us gamble on someone from abroad who doesn’t have PL experience but who is highly rated. We’ve got Bruno, Joelinton, Longstaff and Willock who do have PL experience already so I don’t see why we need to limit ourselves to someone else with PL experience to rotate with them.

I just feel it limits the pool we are shopping from. 

That being said, I trust Eddie and the club to make the right decision even if it is Tielemans. 

On the decline PMSL, he’s 25 FFS, all he needs is some proper coaching 

Edited by nufcnick

2 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Piss yourself all you want. From what I’ve seen his legs have gone. 

10 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Not saying that they have gone but there is an argument for it, someone had posted although he is 25 years old he's accumulated a lot of games already 

Similar age to Bruno yet he's managed 255 games more than him, so there is mileage in his legs so it's possible he isn't just 25 years old

13 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

https://one-versus-one.com/en/players/Youri-Tielemans

Defensive and creative numbers look great to me. If we're playing him as the deeper of the three with Bruno more advanced doing what Longstaff does, with the extra quality it brings, I think we'll improve hugely on top of where we are even now.

I would like us to get a more mobile, DM type of player to screen the back 4. Not just a brute and a destroyer type. Someone who can also get on the ball and play a bit.

But our 3 seems pretty fluid and Longstaff is often deeper than Bruno at stages during the game. 

With that in mind. There is no reason why Bruno and someone such as Tilemans couldn’t dovetail and not necessarily always have that fixed 6 and 8 role.  

I am also not too impressed by Tielemans, he goes missing in a lot of games and doesn´t seem to like the physical game much. I don´t think he would fit into the "Identikit" Howe first team player.

His passing range and vision are great though, he would deffo be an upgrade on shelvey and would come quite cheap so why not...

If 320 games make your legs stop working, someone needs to tell Messi and Ronaldo. Absolute nonsense talk.

Sure people can peak early and maybe he has, but not just because he's played a lot. Injuries or attitude sure, but you don't have mileage concerns like he's a cheap Ford Mondeo.