Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Gordon, Ashby in it seems. 

Dare I say we’re looking at a good window. Go get a midfielder and I’m over the moon. 

Saw a link in the Mirror to Sander Berge at Sheff Utd. Would love that FM wonder kid of years gone by to be a Newcastle player. 

9 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Gordon, Ashby in it seems. 

Dare I say we’re looking at a good window. Go get a midfielder and I’m over the moon. 

Saw a link in the Mirror to Sander Berge at Sheff Utd. Would love that FM wonder kid of years gone by to be a Newcastle player. 

Would be a really sensible signing imo.

Addressed the lack of options and depth with the Gordon and Ashby signings. 

Still think CM was the area that needed improvement the most. So it would be a bit disappointing if we didn’t get someone in there. But probably done until the summer now. 

I suppose ASM getting back to form and fitness, plus Gordon coming in. Means Joelinton/Willock can go back into

CM. Plus with Shelvey coming back and Anderson as back up. They might think we are covered, for now. 

2 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

A midfielder in and Anderson out on loan + Fraser/Murphy out would be the ideal ending to the window

Fraser is probably the likely candidate. Bad timing with Shelvey as well, I’d say he’d have been a candidate to move on if he was not injured.

4 minutes ago, christ said:

Aren’t Sheff United under transfer embargo? Might need a fee to get out of it.

Yes, wouldn’t be able to replace him and they are in a great spot for promotion. 

Liverpool and Chelsea linked earlier this month.

14 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

A midfielder in and Anderson out on loan + Fraser/Murphy out would be the ideal ending to the window

99.99999% agree with you and Murphys got some stuck from me but in the Southampton game and watching miggy try to cut in all game with no success then Murphy came on, ran down the wing and whipped a ball in right across the 6 yard line of the box gave me a little food for thought.

14 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

99.99999% agree with you and Murphys got some stuck from me but in the Southampton game and watching miggy try to cut in all game with no success then Murphy came on, ran down the wing and whipped a ball in right across the 6 yard line of the box gave me a little food for thought.

Not disagreeing with your overall point but it just adds to my mild frustration that we don’t swap our wingers during the game and not always have them playing inverted.

23 minutes ago, frankpingel said:

Ritchie still clinging on is unbelievable. Thought he'd definitely go this window. Fraser is ahead of Ritchie and more talk of him and Murphy going.

Ritchie is a huge presence around the club and in the dressing room. When you get down to Ritchie vs Fraser you’re arguing over who is getting the last spot on the bench, so you’re probably looking at other attributes too.

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

Not disagreeing with your overall point but it just adds to my mild frustration that we don’t swap our wingers during the game and not always have them playing inverted.

I also wonder if Southampton had set up to push miggy down the line then we swapped it out to a player who wanted that.

I really don't think that Ritchie and Lascelles should be first out the door. Ok so they don't contribute much on the pitch these days but they have been through a lot with the club and carried us through some pretty dark days.

I reckon they're pretty influential in setting the tone around the place too, along with Trippier, so when we have so many incomings it's worth having these lads around to lay the ground rules - there are loads of others who probably don't contribute as much that should leave before them. 

Just now, tom1988 said:

I really don't think that Ritchie and Lascelles should be first out the door. Ok so they don't contribute much on the pitch these days but they have been through a lot with the club and carried us through some pretty dark days.

I reckon they're pretty influential in setting the tone around the place too, along with Trippier, so when we have so many incomings it's worth having these lads around to lay the ground rules - there are loads of others who probably don't contribute as much that should leave before them. 

It’s a nice sentiment but we’re not a charity for footballers who can’t get a game. They’ve both been excellent in terms of attitude at the club and have been a part of our turn-around even if it was more about supporting with the club culture rather than achieving things on the pitch. I can’t really see a reason why Ritchie stays but Lascelles has more of an argument to be around for at least another year, especially if we get into Europe 

Apparently because he is a player on the bench, Ritchie is allowed to be in the pitch until moments before KO and leads the last minute press exercises, which we are then actioning from minute one.

If true he is invaluable.