Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

24 minutes ago, mosstef said:

Man fuck Brighton for being such a well ran club. 

Don’t know if you follow baseball but I feel like Brighton are the Tampa Bay rays in terms of doing it on a budget and finding quality players.

I hope we can do what the dodgers did ie that style of well thought out improvement but with big money backing 

2 hours ago, cubaricho said:

Todd Bohley run Dodgers? :lol: 

Yeah it’s a bit ominonous that there are parallels between the dodgers and Chelsea. Trying to spend huge to succeed initially. Hopefully they don’t find their Friedman to run the team well (and even if they do hopefully they have a Dave Roberts to limit them) 

8 hours ago, KaKa said:

Did anyone see the report that PIF were looking at buying Oostende in Belgium?

Would be awesome having a club in that league that we could loan players too, like the Brighton owner has with Union Saint Gilloise.

They've just been relegated to the Belgian second division for what its worth

24 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

He's a pass for me.  I he's clearly a good player but his end product just doesn't seem to justify the wages and fee he'd no doubt command.

Also we're still at that status where I feel players coming from clubs like Barca would feel like they would be doing us a 'favour' by joining. We just don't need that attitude in the club.

If we’re signing anyone from Barcelona it should be Ferran Torres, but i wouldn’t say no to Raphina if his attitude was right.

Think it’s hyperbole though, even if we make CL it’ll be players on an upward trajectory like Diaby we’ll be targeting.

Just now, Yorkie said:

Dunno if this is a bit of an outdated opinion but I feel like I'd prefer us to buy from below than from above. 

Generally agree but if there’s a player with quality who just isn’t fancied then I’m fine with it. 

I don’t think we’ll sign many, if any, of the PL players we’ve been linked with. 

That Athletic article today about European football mentioned our top earners (Trippier and Bruno) are on about £120k per week and that we don’t want to / can’t afford to bump up our wage bill massively in one go but want to do it in a slower more measured fashion so as not to affect FFP too much but also not to piss off current players.

For that reason I can’t see us going for some of these top end players we’ve been linked with who are already on high wages. Certainly not more than one of them anyway. 

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Dunno if this is a bit of an outdated opinion but I feel like I'd prefer us to buy from below than from above. 

No I prefer players who are still trying to make it and are hungry. Guys like Raphina must find it hard to move on after Barcelona, we should stick to the Botmans, Bruno’s and Isak profile of player.

My ideal summer window would have us sign Ugarte, Randal Muani, Diaby and N’dicka, supplemented with a good young lb.

All players I believe we could get with CL football.

9 hours ago, Ace said:

Don’t know if you follow baseball but I feel like Brighton are the Tampa Bay rays in terms of doing it on a budget and finding quality players.

I hope we can do what the dodgers did ie that style of well thought out improvement but with big money backing 

ALL RISE.

39 minutes ago, mondonewc said:

Lavia looked a class act against Arsenal, so comfortable on the ball, he will be a top top player for sure. Sign him up Eddie. 

He looks very good.

Never even made an appearance under Pep I don't think. Instead they went and splurged on Philips, who is now buried on their bench.

Ridiculous.

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Agree but particularly with players at Barcelona.

They’re at their dream club and on huge wages. The only way is down from their perspective and I always wonder if the motivation for them professionally is just completely gone at that point thereafter.

I don’t see players like Raphinha as feasible for us.

4 hours ago, KaKa said:

He looks very good.

Never even made an appearance under Pep I don't think. Instead they went and splurged on Philips, who is now buried on their bench.

Ridiculous.

Was Phillips not just a signing to fill their quota?