Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

4 hours ago, KaKa said:

Joao Felix cost Atletico £113 million in 2019 and is on £250,000 a week. Pretty certain we aren't looking at him, or Laporte. That article is a mess. 

Exactly my thoughts - if you're paying that sort of money we need the complete package, not just talent.

Gordon was about the limit for "potential" at £40m and I think that'll remain the case unless we start qualifying for the CL regularly.

Is Felix worth anything like that money ? Andy Jacobs on Talksport says he has been terrible for Chelsea and he'll be pleased to see him go at the end of the season.

10 minutes ago, Ben said:

Is Felix worth anything like that money ? Andy Jacobs on Talksport says he has been terrible for Chelsea and he'll be pleased to see him go at the end of the season.

23 year old lad hasn't pulled up trees in 10 games after moving to a completely new environment whilst playing in a team bereft of confidence? Well I never.

I don't think we're going to spend nearly as much money in the summer as some journos are assuming. They look at the Saudi billions and think we're another PSG or Man City. It looks to me like they're going to stick to FFP and a careful, long-term build.

So for that reason, I don't think we'll sign Joao Felix, and Eddie is known to be not so keen on loan players.

I've not seen a lot of him playing for Chelsea, but considering that he's about 5 foot tall and has been asked to play lead striker in a disorganised team, I thought he did really well. Lovely skills and not short of courage. 

PS - The Samu Chukwueze  link may have more substance. He looks to me like an enchanced version of Miggy.

PPS - Just took a look at JF on You Tube. OMG - him and Isak together. Won't happen, but those two would wreak havoc.

PPPS - And that Chukwueze forming a front three with them. Please someone make it happen. They would destroy any defence.

Edited by Cronky

A far bigger concern with Felix would be that he hasn't done very well at Atletico and from what I've read seems to have clashed with Simeone about what's expected from him defensively. Given that Howe asks his team to do a lot of similar things, I'd worry about the fit.

Place absolute zero stock in how he's looked at Chelsea, personally. Team has been a disorganised mess all season, almost impossible for a creative player to look good in a random assortment of individuals Chelsea send out. Mudryk is a prime example. Had he gone to Arsenal I'm pretty sure he would have been top class.

22 minutes ago, Shak said:

A far bigger concern with Felix would be that he hasn't done very well at Atletico and from what I've read seems to have clashed with Simeone about what's expected from him defensively. Given that Howe asks his team to do a lot of similar things, I'd worry about the fit.

Place absolute zero stock in how he's looked at Chelsea, personally. Team has been a disorganised mess all season, almost impossible for a creative player to look good in a random assortment of individuals Chelsea send out. Mudryk is a prime example. Had he gone to Arsenal I'm pretty sure he would have been top class.

Howe also spent a lot of time with Simeone after Bournemouth. Can’t imagine he’d be in for a player who has clashed with someone Howe respects. 

11 minutes ago, Shak said:

Have to be questions about what happened at Atletico, I mean you don’t send out your most expensive ever signing on loan for no reason. 

I’ve just read though that he was player of the season (2021-22) so can’t be all bad, and let’s face it they took a big gamble  stumping-up £113m for João Félix at 19  when he had only had (I think) one full season in Benfica’s first team.  Though he must have looked shit-hot as he won the best under 21 player in Europe award (Golden Boy?). 
He must be some player, have great potential, but given what he might cost seems unlikely we would take a huge ‘all in’ transfer pot gamble on him. 

37 minutes ago, Cronky said:

I don't think we're going to spend nearly as much money in the summer as some journos are assuming. They look at the Saudi billions and think we're another PSG or Man City. It looks to me like they're going to stick to FFP and a careful, long-term build.

So for that reason, I don't think we'll sign Joao Felix, and Eddie is known to be not so keen on loan players.

I've not seen a lot of him playing for Chelsea, but considering that he's about 5 foot tall and has been asked to play lead striker in a disorganised team, I thought he did really well. Lovely skills and not short of courage. 

PS - The Samu Chukwueze  link may have more substance. He looks to me like an enchanced version of Miggy.

João Felix is 5'11

1 hour ago, Cronky said:

:)  Indeed - always do your research. He just looked so waif-like amongst those central defenders.

I never said anything about anything else just he is not 5 foot tall but I have followed João Felix since he first broke into the Benfica team  as my best mate is Portuguese and a die hard Benfica fan so I know a hell of alot more about his game than you.

3 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

I never said anything about anything else just he is not 5 foot tall but I have followed João Felix since he first broke into the Benfica team  as my best mate is Portuguese and a die hard Benfica fan so I know a hell of alot more about his game than you.

:lol: 

Let’s not be these dudes on here man. 

2 hours ago, Cronky said:

PPS - Just took a look at JF on You Tube. OMG - him and Isak together. Won't happen, but those two would wreak havoc.

PPPS - And that Chukwueze forming a front three with them. Please someone make it happen. They would destroy any defence.

I agree although I think we will in 2/3 years

At the moment I think it’s all about 30m-60m players with wages of 100,000-140,000k 

With a few younger gambles 5m - 12m 

Thats if we get champions league 

Basically the Brighton model on steroids !

Lots of talk from Portugal that Sporting need to raise funds with another big sale and are very open to selling Ugarte because of it. They're saying it's because it looks likely they won't make the Champions League next season.

Looks like this is going to be a very likely signing we make quite early on. We seem to be the most strongly linked, and quite regularly too.

39 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

You’ve misunderstood. ‘Always do your research’ was a message to myself and an acknowledgment to this board that I’d got it wrong. Peace and love.

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Lots of talk from Portugal that Sporting need to raise funds with another big sale and are very open to selling Ugarte because of it. They're saying it's because it looks likely they won't make the Champions League next season.

Looks like this is going to be a very likely signing we make quite early on. We seem to be the most strongly linked, and quite regularly too.

I think it’s between him and Kephren Thuram depends who they think is best fit, both look outstanding and would take our midfield up a notch.