Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Just now, Nobody said:

Puts transfer fees in perspective when you realise that for that to work, every season ticket holder would have to whip out almost £1m :lol:

I'm shit at maths, but isn't that only 30 to 40 season ticket holders? :lol:

If we’re going to sign any Yank AM/wingers, Gio Reyna is our guy.

Born in Durham so that might ease KI’s heartburn slightly. :lol: 

edit: transfermarkt says Durham, wiki says Sunderland. Will need to see his birth certificate before sanctioning the transfer.

Edited by Tomato Deuce

I actually bought Reyna to hit that 'sign 2 American players' achievement in FIFA funnily enough.

Sold him straight after though, he was disrupting the squad by 'saying things that you cannot say' (soccer)

Edited by Kid Icarus

If you actually were to look at Pulisic and Mane at the same age they are near identical in terms of goals, assists, and minutes played in the Premier league. More interesting stat line than anything cause of stylistic differences. Also he has a .45 goals per shot on target rate for his tenure at Chelsea. Tuchel calls Pulisic chaos which is why they dont get along I think. Tuchel is very pragmatic and Pulisic, isnt. A bit like ASM.  

That said, I doubt Pulisic would be short of options elsewhere. I know Juventus and Liverpool were named early on the summer I dont comment much anymore but as an American I decided to chime in. 

Personally, I think he is a massive upgrade over Almiron in terms of output. Now that work rate defensively...not so much. One thing to think about is Pulisic has never been in a team where he is a bigger fish. At Dortmund and Chelsea he was always more of a depth guy outside of his first season at Chelsea where he did play a bigger role . Im guessing he would have a chip on his shoulder as well and a pissed off Pulisic is the best Pulisic at least when it comes to international level. 

One additional reason he may be on the move is he has 2 years left on his deal now, so now is the time they should sell. A loan/purchase option would be the best outcome. 

Interesting quote from Joao Cancelo 

"I usually chat with my teammates about it. It may sound strange but for me, the most difficult winger I have faced in the Premier League is Pulisic from Chelsea." 

Edited by SSFC
said winter and meant summer on the Liverpool/Juventus links

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

I actually bought Reyna to hit that 'sign 2 American players' achievement in FIFA funnily enough.

Sold him straight after though, he was disrupting the squad by 'saying things that you cannot say' (soccer)

Reyna starts on the left wing for me in FM22 Newcastle. I know you guys hate that. For what it's worth I use Football as it makes the most sense.

although.....you guys thought it up. Pulisic would be good.

"The word "soccer" comes from the use of the term "association football" in Britain"

3 hours ago, sushimonster85 said:

Your conclusion there is top notch 😂

But yes, safe to say Pulisic is a gargantuan upgrade on either Almiron or Fraser. Sadly don't think it's a realistic target though. If Chelsea do make him available he won't be short of takers across Europe, let alone in the PL.

If signing a U.S International is unrealistic we might as well give up.  Seriously, he's not nearly as much of a upgrade as Bruno was, nowhere near.  No reason we cant sign him if we really want to 

Edited by Teasy

4 hours ago, Teasy said:

If signing a U.S International is unrealistic we might as well give up.  Seriously, he's not nearly as much of a upgrade as Bruno was, nowhere near.  No reason we cant sign him if we really want to 

Mate he's in the same league as Messi and Ronaldo

7 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Feels very 5th or 6th choice to me. But he's 22 and can play across the front 3, did alright in Ligue1 last season scoring 7 in 25 so maybe I'm being harsh.