Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

51 minutes ago, midds said:

Ronaldo linked with NUFC after talks. Talks:

Agent: Would you be interested in signing Ronaldo in January?

Club: No thanks. Bye

Easiest job in the world football journalism - invent it, write it up, publish it, 5% accuracy, zero accountability. We're in the wrong job

Would love for there to be some sort of Court of Arbitration for journalists, where anyone from the public could challenge a bullshit article or journalist and the journalist would have to disclose their sources to a court, and if it doesn't add up, the journalist would owe compensation. 

5 hours ago, TRC said:

How would Mudryk fit in with Arsenal? He's a left winger but wings seem to be their main strenght. They need a striker more than anything.

1) They’ve got Jesus.

2) They’re top of the league, I’m not sure they ‘need’ anything.

7 hours ago, Andybiotics said:

According to Luke, I am sure we'd be better off with Ashley in regards to transfer budgets. Always says we're skint [emoji38]

Yes, no surprise to see him double-down on the pessimism a few days after the Saudi airline does a photoshoot at SJP.

7 hours ago, BoSelecta said:

As things stand, there is no intention of spending big money on players in the January window, although it has been stressed to Telegraph Sport that if the right player becomes available – such as Leicester City’s James Maddison – a deal will be pursued.

So we won’t buy anyone unless it’s the right player and they’re available? And no spending big money but we would take Maddison? Fuck off man :2funny:

He has to put not one, but two qualifiers, which basically has rendered the statement in between totally worthless. Sixth form stuff, this attempt at "journalism". I'm raging at how people like him get paid actual money to churn this shit out.

That has not prevented Newcastle, Arsenal and Real Madrid from monitoring his progress and Mudryk has revealed his outlook on a possible move away from Shakhtar during the January transfer window.

Advertisement

Speaking to Ukrainian presenter Vlada Zinchenko on his YouTube channel, the winger said: “From a purely theoretical/fantasy perspective, if there was the option of being a bench player for Real Madrid or a starter for Arsenal, I’d probably choose Arsenal.

“It’s a tough question (about what he’s looking for at a new club) and involves a lot of factors in my answer. I would first want to know from the head coach that even if I wasn’t a guaranteed starter, that I’d receive a chance. Essentially, I need to hear directly from the manager what he envisages my role to be in his side (to influence such a decision). The team’s style of play will play a role (in my decision). It’s very important to me.”

:tobey:

31 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Stupidly excited about this lad btw, lots of comparisons to Redondo plus i love a left footed CM. 

https://footballtalentscout.net/2022/07/08/maximo-perrone/

As mentioned before, I have watched him quite a bit and I agree. He oozes class. 

Some of his touches and passes are just sublime. 

Decision making could be improved, but he is still so young. 

Pls be true

21 minutes ago, arnonel said:

As mentioned before, I have watched him quite a bit and I agree. He oozes class. 

Some of his touches and passes are just sublime. 

Decision making could be improved, but he is still so young. 

Pls be true

Perfect project for Howedini! 

Such an exciting transfer strategy. 

Obviously they aren't all going to come off but building a squad of 18-23 year olds in the £15‐30m range means even the ones who don't quite make it you can potentially sell for a FFP "profit" (like we've seen with Man City recently).

The idea of Botman, Perrone, Bruno, Kuol, Isak being the core of a top quality squad is :bluestar:

4 hours ago, Emotic said:

He has to put not one, but two qualifiers, which basically has rendered the statement in between totally worthless. Sixth form stuff, this attempt at "journalism". I'm raging at how people like him get paid actual money to churn this shit out.

We won't buy any players that we don't want to sign, but we might buy some players that we do want to sign.

Cracking stuff.

€100m for a player who’s played well in the Ukrainian league and a couple of CL games. The world have gone crazy.

We really need to put money in the scouting. Look at that lad Napoli bought from Georgia. That’s some propper scouting.

47 minutes ago, BeloEmre said:

€100m for a player who’s played well in the Ukrainian league and a couple of CL games. The world have gone crazy.

We really need to put money in the scouting. Look at that lad Napoli bought from Georgia. That’s some propper scouting.

Kvaratskhelia is the Georgian lad. He was actually already a wonderkid on FM for at least a year before Napoli bought him. Don't know why no other club took a chance on him, except for the fact that premier league clubs would have struggled to get him a work permit.

Maybe the 100m price tag on Mudryk is reflecting that clubs don't want to miss out on the next player like Kvaratskhelia.

Edited by Joey47

1 hour ago, BeloEmre said:

I sincerely doubt he’ll go for anywhere near the quoted €100m in the end.

6 minutes ago, buzza said:

The Premier league clubs now have huge restrictions on signing young foreign talent due to Brexit.

The clubs have asked for special dispensation but the process is long and Bureaucratic...

Have they ? I'll use the Garnacho example again. 

Edit...I've used him as an example that much it's bound to come crashing down when someone finds out his Granny was from Oldham or summik.

Edited by madras

10 minutes ago, madras said:

Have they ? I'll use the Garnacho example again. 

Edit...I've used him as an example that much it's bound to come crashing down when someone finds out his Granny was from Oldham or summik.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-united-transfer-news-garnacho-18905031.amp

given Man Utd signed three Spanish youth players as well as other EU nationalities, I’d suggest that EU players have less criteria to fulfill for a work permit than players from other continents like Kuol.

3 minutes ago, Manxst said:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-united-transfer-news-garnacho-18905031.amp

given Man Utd signed three Spanish youth players as well as other EU nationalities, I’d suggest that EU players have less criteria to fulfill for a work permit than players from other continents like Kuol.

You'd think it would be even with Kuol being a commonwealth citizen. 

I'd guess it's more likely  the"outstanding prospect" route.

Edited by madras

1 hour ago, BeloEmre said:

It is but it's a bit of luck too. He only ended up back in the Georgian league  because his contract in Russia was annulled. 

If you're buying from oligarch backed teams the fee is always going to be daft. Shakhtar don't sell low usually - and especially won't want to now after they had to lose a load of players on the cheap due to the war.

Interesting quote from the article on Murdyk: 

When suggested to Palkin that such figures mean only a handful of clubs could afford this, he replied: “It’s five or six clubs in the world. But sometimes, even some Premier League clubs can surprise you, not just the (normal) six top clubs.”