Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

2 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

The shirt sales would be astronomical like...

I can see our owners being tempted - globally it'd be massive news. Let's hope not - would be a massive mistake.

Edited by duo

Forget everything else - he's not good enough to even start for NUFC. I wouldn't drop any of the current first choice XI to make way for this version of Ronaldo. He's done. He's history. He used to be amazing, now he's merely a toxic, arrogant, disruptive and expensive millstone that doesn't belong within a million miles of NUFC

1 hour ago, midds said:

Forget everything else - he's not good enough to even start for NUFC. I wouldn't drop any of the current first choice XI to make way for this version of Ronaldo. He's done. He's history. He used to be amazing, now he's merely a toxic, arrogant, disruptive and expensive millstone that doesn't belong within a million miles of NUFC

Won't press can't run, he's the exact opposite of what Howe seems to value.

Eddie would have him on the bench for 5 or 6 games to learn our systems and then maybe off the bench once the match is wrapped up.

Hope Ronaldo would knuckle down and add defensive pressure to his game, non of this prima donna malarkey or he can go play with maxi in the dressy up box.

It's a NO from me.

7 minutes ago, Displayname said:

Only way this would happen is it Bin Salman forced it through. Havent been any indication of this type of involvement so far so im not that scared, yet.

To be honest if that type of thing started happening (unlikely) I doubt Howe would be there that long. There’s a difference between PIF signing decisions off and then actively wanting certain players to be signed. 

1 hour ago, Cronky said:

No way would Eddie want him.

I have a nagging worry that the owners may be getting involved here. Hopefully footballing sense will prevail, if so.

Don’t you think if our owners were all about marquee/ vanity signings they would already have done something like this in Jan or over the summer?

There is literally no evidence that we need to worry about this kind of thing and plenty of evidence pointing to us buying the right players, in the right way and for the right price. And with Eddie’s involvement. 

Think a centre back will become a priority as Schar isn’t getting any younger. Plenty of great options to partner Botman with such as Badiashile, Lacroix, Tobido and Ndicka. Don’t think we’d go far wrong with any of them and they could all forge a formidable CB partnership with Botman for years to come.