Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

6 minutes ago, gdm said:

What’s the squad number situation? How many spaces are free? Could we be letting wood go to bring in a midfielder or is there already room?

I think we're at 26 currently with Dubravka back (Gillespie, Krafth excluded)

Moukoko looks a bit similar in profile to Kuol, although obviously he's ahead in his development.

Re the plane, maybe we're just bringing him in for a look round, trying to sell the club to him.

Edited by Cronky

Just now, Cronky said:

Moukoko looks a bit similar in profile to Kuol, although obvioulsy he's ahead in his development.

Re the plane, maybe we're just bringing him in for a look round, trying to sell the club to him.

Feel like clubs very rarely do that as it almost always gets out. There are too many people that work at the ground/training ground for someone like Moukoko to be able to have a look about without it getting out there. If that jet has anything to do with us/Moukoko I imagine it will be a delegation from here going out to talk with his people and Dortmund.

18 minutes ago, Ben said:

The transfer team are keeping the deals very close to their chest, nothing of substance in any media outlet today.

Maybe Howe was telling the truth when he said we aren’t currently bidding for players.

6 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Feel like clubs very rarely do that as it almost always gets out. There are too many people that work at the ground/training ground for someone like Moukoko to be able to have a look about without it getting out there. If that jet has anything to do with us/Moukoko I imagine it will be a delegation from here going out to talk with his people and Dortmund.

Plus if we want him to sign he shouldn't be allowed to see the training ground until it's too late to back out.

55 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

No, you pay a fee to get him right away. It’s actually perfect because most clubs would want to hang on and get him on a free. 

Not really, the player will want to wait until he can sign a contract with another club as no fee usually means a much bigger signing on fee for player/agent 

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that plane is absolutely northing to do with football.

Either way, we'll know by 11am because there's no way they'll get someone "important" in & out of the airport and to the training ground/stadium without someone spotting them.

2 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that plane is absolutely northing to do with football.

Either way, we'll know by 11am because there's no way they'll get someone "important" in & out of the airport and to the training ground/stadium without someone spotting them.

Eh?

They land and get access from round the back all the time.

37 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

What was the system we played the couple of games when Wood was out? Joelinton scored two at Norwich in one of them? Difference between him playing there week-in, week-out with no confidence to the odd instance in an emergency when he's playing well with bags of confidence.

Fair point! I guess it depends on if it's an odd instance or starting a few games (like Wood has). Younwould hope the confidence would make a big difference. 

4 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Eh?

They land and get access from round the back all the time.

Right. But if its all meant to be hush-hush then there are better ways than flying a famous footballer right into the middle of a football-mad city?

When was the last time they managed to stealth someone in & out without the press/some random fan with a smartphone picking it up?

To be honest, if they were bringing in a high profile player and trying to keep it under the radar it would make more sense to fly them into Tees Valley (or whatever that airport is calling itself these days) and bringing them down in one of those blacked out people carriers. 

5 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Is Moukoko a central striker or can he play anywhere across the front three?

Central, has very rarely played anywhere other than up top or in behind, but has the profile of someone who probably could.

Edit:

BBD03578-6A7A-4AA4-8C73-EB4EEDD50C52.thumb.jpeg.c1ec8c1c058f0a952202c2537497cfc6.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Rich said:

Central, has very rarely played anywhere other than up top or in behind, but has the profile of someone who probably could.

Edit:

BBD03578-6A7A-4AA4-8C73-EB4EEDD50C52.thumb.jpeg.c1ec8c1c058f0a952202c2537497cfc6.jpeg

I do wonder if ultimately we bring in a really offensively minded LB and our "wingers" in the 4-3-3 are more like Isak than true wide men.

Isak - Wilson - Moukoko would be an hilarious front line, just full of goals :lol:

37 minutes ago, Shak said:

I do wonder if ultimately we bring in a really offensively minded LB and our "wingers" in the 4-3-3 are more like Isak than true wide men.

Isak - Wilson - Moukoko would be an hilarious front line, just full of goals :lol:

I mean it sounds good and I do love Callum, but there's not a chance on Earth that a soon-to-be 31-year-old Wilson with his hamstrings made of cheese and a body held together with sticky tape and chewing gum is going to keep our record signing striker on the left and the hottest striking prospect* in Europe on the right.

(*Subject to a steward's inquiry on his birth certificate)

Just now, Chris_R said:

I mean it sounds good and I do love Callum, but there's not a chance on Earth that a soon-to-be 31-year-old Wilson with his hamstrings made of cheese and a body held together with sticky tape and chewing gum is going to keep our record signing striker on the left and the hottest striking prospect* in Europe on the right.

(*Subject to a steward's inquiry on his birth certificate)

Aye, it's a shame, but I imagine this will be the only season where Wilson is seen as first choice, with Isak either as backup or on the left. Think next season Wilson will likely be the bench option next year, which is a pretty awesome option to have from as a backup. 

1 hour ago, Zero said:

I guess it’s Reyna

As a BVB fan I watch almost every match and Reyna is someone I would not sign. Lot of hype because of young age but doesn’t really provide much and hasn’t developed much during last year or so.

He does have potential, but all these injuries and lack of development does not make him highly interesting player at the moment. Because of attitude problems he didn’t play much at World Cup.