Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Looking forward to it! It is going to be a balancing act, I love this squad, there are going to be hard decisions and people who have done great left behind or leave, but I want it to grow organically as they have done so far. I wonder if some are going to be disappointed with it, next season is very conceivably going to be harder going in the league, Man U will be better, Liverpool will be better, Chelsea could be better (doubt it tbh) and Villa and Brighton could both be better. Hopefully we have a deeper squad with still the same positivity. 

13 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

We'll spend £200m+ next season.

That won't get us as far as people might think. That's what us, Arsenal, Forest & West Ham spent this season.

Thankfully Eddie will get us further than most folk could only dream of! O0

1 hour ago, relámpago blanco said:

Eddie said it will be a small group we bring in. I honestly think we need 5 or 6 to be able to compete on 2 fronts.

Don't think he did, he said it's a small pool to recruit from. 

The key for Howe will be maintaining the brilliant team spirit he's created, while bringing the required quality to progress us to the next level. I think it'll be similar to last summer 4-5 in with 2-3 Champions League quality players.  

Edited by The Prophet

1 minute ago, lovejoy said:

Don't think he did, he said it's a small pool to recruit from. 

Think there is a small pool to improve the first team but I'm equally as excited to see what we will do at a lower level.

Think their will be some hidden gems that we will pick up and loan out etc

Get som real genuine top quality players and top it off with youngsters that can play a role similar to Arda Guler/Franca/Baturina amongst others, players with talent for now but a massive ceiling potentially. Personally I’m not interested in decent players that are playing next to their highest level. 

Edited by Ikon

5 minutes ago, Andy84 said:

Hope we have stuff ready to go and we see some early deals done.  Last summer was a bit frustrating 

Was it ? We had Pope, Targett and Botman in before pre season didn’t win ? Hardly frustrating.

Milinković-Savić apparently available for 25M as he enters final year of contract next year. 

Him and Dominik Szobolai as the two midfield pickups would be amazing. Although would like Guler too. 

Longstaff, Joelinton, Joe Willock, Bruno, Milinkovic Savic, Dominik Szobolai, Guler is an absolutely drool worthy midfield

It's that mixture of experience and youth, technical ability and guile and bite and creativity, too. 

Get Vitor Roque to support alongside Wilson and Isak that's looking pretty amazing - for around 120M and 3 additions. 

Get Guerrerio free agent for LB, N'Dicka free agent for CB and M. Thuram free agent for CF. 

Then it leaves us with 70-80m for a world class RW - Diaby etc for 60-80m. 

Job done. 

Edited by kingxlnc

Just now, kingxlnc said:

Milinković-Savić apparently available for 25M as he enters final year of contract next year. 

Him and Dominik Szobolai as the two midfield pickups would be amazing. 

Ideally with a younger athletic DM too. 

Longstaff, Joelinton, Joe Willock, Bruno, Milinkovic Savic, Dominik Szobolai is an absolutely drool worthy midfield

It's that mixture of experience and youth, technical ability and guile and bite and creativity, too. 

Get Vitor Roque to support alongside Wilson and Isak that's looking pretty amazing - for around 120M and 3 additions. 

Get Guerrerio free agent for LB, N'Dicka free agent for CB and M. Thuram free agent for CF. 

Then it leaves us with 70-80m for a world class RW - Diaby etc for 60-80m. 

Job done. 

From what i've read i think it's been said that SMS would cost around 40m. Not sure if true or not, just mentioning it. (Not a text message)

1 hour ago, Tiresias said:

Looking forward to it! It is going to be a balancing act, I love this squad, there are going to be hard decisions and people who have done great left behind or leave, but I want it to grow organically as they have done so far. I wonder if some are going to be disappointed with it, next season is very conceivably going to be harder going in the league, Man U will be better, Liverpool will be better, Chelsea could be better (doubt it tbh) and Villa and Brighton could both be better. Hopefully we have a deeper squad with still the same positivity. 

I don't think we'll be losing any key players, we'll just add two or three really high class ones and the likes of Almiron, Wilson, ASM etc will be rotated more. We will need two teams anyway, Howe has already said this, so can't see players leaving unless they want out themselves - which could happen if they aren't starting enough games.

15 minutes ago, Displayname said:

Is it overkill to get both Maddison and Szoboszlai? Cant decide which one of them i want the most. Think Szoboszlai can play on the wing aswell.

In theory we could but it doesn’t solve the issue of what we do if Bruno is injured, unless we pick up Lerma on a free too as a DM.

25 minutes ago, Displayname said:

Is it overkill to get both Maddison and Szoboszlai? Cant decide which one of them i want the most. Think Szoboszlai can play on the wing aswell.

getting both would be sensible imo. Each of them are capable of covering 4 different positions in our current system. That versatility is going to be important with more games next year.