Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

2 hours ago, nufcjb said:

When does the window officially open? Perhaps put in thread title. Can't fucking wait to count down the days.

Deals can be done now, however 1/7/23 is when it opens and players can be registered.

For the fee and wages Rice would cost, we could get three ‘Bruno’s’ from the Continent. For that alone, I just can’t see Rice to us happening. West Ham want £120m (I’m sure they’d probably take a bit less), and the player has already turned down £200kpw. Added to that, we probably need around three or four first team players. £100m+ for Rice alone…just can’t see it.

Think we need way more than 3-4 signings tbh. Next season we have the league, the cups and CL. If we are to compete on all fronts we need 22 very good players. 
The Sheff Wed match springs to mind as a reminder of how ultra shit our second line-up is, couple that with injuries and suspension and its a mess. 

5 minutes ago, LFEE said:

No chance. Unless we screw them down to £70m and he accepts £150kpw. Neither will happen. 

Let’s find someone better who’s cheaper instead.

Well I was assuming whoever buys him will negotiate the fee and the wages down a bit, but if there's clubs out there willing to pay him 200k/week I guess that does rule us out. I just assumed we'd be competing with anyone once we established CL football, but maybe it is too early for that yet.

36 minutes ago, maze said:

Think we need way more than 3-4 signings tbh. Next season we have the league, the cups and CL. If we are to compete on all fronts we need 22 very good players. 
The Sheff Wed match springs to mind as a reminder of how ultra shit our second line-up is, couple that with injuries and suspension and its a mess. 

GK - Pope, Dubravka, Karius or a new signing

RB - Trippier and Ashby

RCB - Schar, Lascelles and possibly a new signing

LCB - Botman and Burn 

LB - A new signing and Targett

CDM - Bruno and a new signing

RCM - Longstaff and a new signing 

LCM - Willock and Joelinton

RW - Almiron, Murphy and a new signing 

ST - Isak and Wilson

LW - ASM and Gordon

So that's RCB, LB, CM x 2 and RW. Around five will be about fine. 

Edited by The Prophet

1 minute ago, maze said:

I think 6 like most people have said on this forum 

LB - CB are a must - an upgrade on Lascelles 

6 and 8 - yesterday we were left with Bruno and Longstaff 

The next 2 positions are a bit tricky in terms of profile - my dream signing would be Raphinha (LW - RW) - I just wonder if we end up with Harvey Barnes though - would be a bit disappointing - then Vitor Roque

15 minutes ago, Manxst said:

For the fee and wages Rice would cost, we could get three ‘Bruno’s’ from the Continent. For that alone, I just can’t see Rice to us happening. West Ham want £120m (I’m sure they’d probably take a bit less), and the player has already turned down £200kpw. Added to that, we probably need around three or four first team players. £100m+ for Rice alone…just can’t see it.

Finding 3 “Bruno’s” is a bit of a stretch. “On the continent” deals are no where near as cheap these days; see Mudryk, Antony etc.

We were unbelievably lucky with Bruno. You can’t bank on getting players like that for 40m.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Joking aside, based on his time at West Ham, Paqueta would fit us like a glove. 

I like him but he does seem like a bit of a mixed bag from what I've seen. I can see why we decided on Bruno first and foremost. Do think he's a good player though. 

6 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Finding 3 “Bruno’s” is a bit of a stretch. “On the continent” deals are no where near as cheap these days; see Mudryk, Antony etc.

We were unbelievably lucky with Bruno. You can’t bank on getting players like that for 40m.

I’m not saying we’d find three Bruno’s again, but simply saying the figure wanted for Rice isn’t cost effective compared to elsewhere. Scouting departments will hopefully see that we don’t waste Antony and Mudryk type money (although we’re bound to have some ‘failures’, naturally). 

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Joking aside, based on his time at West Ham, Paqueta would fit us like a glove. 

completely agree, really like him from what I've seen. he's a grafter and puts in a serious amount of tackles for someone who is largely considered an attacking/creative player.

think he'd be class here, but can't really see how a deal could be done.

13 minutes ago, McCormick said:

There still seems to be quite a lot of value in the French market. It's when they leave France, have one good season in Germany, Holland, Italy or Spain that their pricetag rockets.

Seen we've been linked with Mohammed Kudus. I think he's probably the best right sided left foot option for us due to his versatility, as he can play up front, right side, behind the striker and as a number 8.

Versatile players are going to be big for us this summer I think. Same reason I like Szoboszlai a lot too.

Just now, Gaztoon said:

I'd be all over Palhinha's contract looking for champions league clauses 😁

Palhinha is an absolutely phenomenal tackler and defensive player. Really good in the air too.

He is really quite poor or the ball though imo. I don't think he would suit our style much at all. 

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

A CL side needs to be comfortable with back-up players getting 20 starts.

I love Lascelles. He can't start 20 games for us man.

At CB? Not particularly. 

I agree we need to be looking to upgrade RCB though. 

As a few have said i think 5-6 first team quality would be a great summer.

RCB, LB, CM x2, RW and then a versatile attacking player.

In this case, Schar, Burn, Willock, Longstaff, Miggy and 1 other becoming your 'squad' players isn't half bad considering they all just played a huge part in finishing top 4.