Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

2 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Wouldn’t be surprised on a freebie. Anyway, might have been on the shopping list last couple of windows, doubt he is now. 

Interesting point on player’s wages. The agent takes their percentage not just on the transfer fee and/or signing on fee, but also of the entire wages throughout the contract. So if an agent is on say 10% commission for Tielemans, the agent will pocket £20k per week through the contract at £200k. 

One of the main issues last season was that we didn’t have anyone to rotate with Bruno, who could sit deep and play the ball out from the back when needed. Tielemans could do this and open up options in midfield.

The other option is that we get someone like Alex Scott who would cost similar over the length of contract when you include his transfer fee, with no idea of how good he could become at the top level.

Remember that the young championship player of the year the previous year was Brennan Johnson and there hasn’t been a clamour for his signature on here.

Aye, Tielemans will want massive wages like. Then there's the danger that his form for Leicester last season is actually the new 'normal'. Villa is a good shout, he can be their next Coutinho :lol:

2 minutes ago, greydos said:

Interesting point on player’s wages. The agent takes their percentage not just on the transfer fee and/or signing on fee, but also of the entire wages throughout the contract. So if an agent is on say 10% commission for Tielemans, the agent will pocket £20k per week through the contract at £200k. 

If it was a £40m fee and £120k per week for three years, then total contract value would be £58.7m, so circa £5.8m for the agent (nice work, if you can get it…). £200k for three years, with no transfer fee, would be circa £3.1m for the agent (both assuming a 52 week payment schedule). Outrageous really. 

2 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

One of the main issues last season was that we didn’t have anyone to rotate with Bruno, who could sit deep and play the ball out from the back when needed. Tielemans could do this and open up options in midfield.

The other option is that we get someone like Alex Scott who would cost similar over the length of contract when you include his transfer fee, with no idea of how good he could become at the top level.

Remember that the young championship player of the year the previous year was Brennan Johnson and there hasn’t been a clamour for his signature on here.

I would take Johnson for the squad for sure. 

2 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

If it was a £40m fee and £120k per week for three years, then total contract value would be £58.7m, so circa £5.8m for the agent (nice work, if you can get it…). £200k for three years, with no transfer fee, would be circa £3.1m for the agent (both assuming a 52 week payment schedule). Outrageous really. 

It totally is outrageous, given that being an agent is a largely unregulated business. It just adds a little more perspective on player wage demands. They might be asking for more as they have ongoing liabilities to their agent/staff. It’s a bit like a boxer having to pay trainer’s wages etc out of their fight earnings, the headline figure might not reveal the whole picture.

Just now, SteV said:

If we’re going to smash our current wage structure, you’d really hope it was for someone better than Tielemans.

I wonder if we’ve previously paid over the odds (salary wise) for players on a free? Have a vague memory of seemingly ridiculous figures being previously leaked but can’t recall who or when. 

3 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

I wonder if we’ve previously paid over the odds (salary wise) for players on a free? Have a vague memory of seemingly ridiculous figures being previously leaked but can’t recall who or when. 

Demba Ba?

1 hour ago, McCormick said:

Not trying to yuk anyone’s yum here but he wouldn’t displace any of our current midfielders on current ability. Reminds me of Ayoze Perez but playing deeper.

I think he'd improve our team by virtue of being a better finisher tbf.

Longstaff missed alot of brillaint chances in the box as well as perhaps not having the composure that could have carved out an opportunity and this guy looks to have that about him. 

3 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Jack Colback being on ~£40k p/w is probably an example none of us want to remember….

*although (tin hat on) I actually thought he was decent in his first season (obviously fell off a cliff and down to the bottom of the sea after that).

34 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Alex Scott wouldn't want to leave her job at the BBC.

Also we don't need an RB.

This was what Ben Jacobs said about him in February…

What has Jacobs said about Tielemans?

Jacobs has told GMS that Tielemans will not be short of potential suitors in the summer and that there is ‘some interest from La Liga and the Bundesliga’ alongside the English top-flight.

He said: “There'll be plenty of clubs looking at Youri Tielemans. Newcastle are another Premier League club to watch.

“And there’s even, I think, some interest from La Liga and the Bundesliga too in Tielemans because as soon as he becomes a free agent at the end of the season, then ultimately, these type of clubs not only see a bargain because they don't have to pay a fee, but Tielemans’ wages, by Premier League standards, are relatively modest as well.”

13 minutes ago, Mountain said:

Alex Scott wouldn't want to leave her job at the BBC.

Also we don't need an RB.

Not interested in her replacing or even being an understudy for trippier, she can stay at the bbc. 

or better she can leave the bbc for babestation.