Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

It's not worthy of a response.

Pep is signing Kovacic and isn't going after Messi.

Must mean Kovacic is better than Messi and Pep is some sort of idiot.

Hold on, you are the one that created that yardstick

You can't then have a go at others and suggest they came up with it

Just now, KaKa said:

It's not worthy of a response.

Pep is signing Kovacic and isn't going after Messi.

Must mean Kovacic is better than Messi and Pep is some sort of idiot.

What are you on about 😂 you said we shouldn’t go for Messi because no top club wants him. So why then should be go for Mctominay ? Or Gordon in January ? No top club went for Trippier so was he a mistake?

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

He was in a team that completely dominates a weaker league with their players operating at 50%.

The only team that could perhaps get away with accomodating him in the same sort of way in the Prem would be Man City.

PSG are one of the most unbalanced sides imaginable given the money they’ve spent and players they could have brought in. They have a lot of players who love running with the ball and have great technique and their play style is essentially “let the lads play how they want to as they’re better than the other team”. I can’t be arsed to argue this point as Messi isn’t coming but there’s a major difference between a team like ours where everyone gives everything signing the most gifted player of all time who can’t run anymore or perform any defensive duties, compared with PSG having him. Sure, it could affect the way other players feel, seeing someone not give everything like they are but the idea that you can’t work out a system to include a player who’s still world class is where I’m calling you out 

Just now, KaKa said:

Nah, that's just how you perceive them because you can't handle anyone having a different opinion.

I've a feeling its view shared amongst others bud. I really couldn't care less if people disagree with me mind.

Oh man we used to fall out about serious stuff like if attending a match was endorsing ashleys regime now there's drama about a slightly realistic chance we could sign Messi (we won't lol) what are you nonces on about?

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

;D

Its clear you don't watch much football, which is fine. Don't be mad at me because  I enjoy doing so.

It's why you can't move on from the past and let players that are on their way out go. 

I'm going back to lurking, you're exhausting, it's been a pleasure

Cheer up Kaka for god's sake. :lol:

Seeing Messi play for NUFC for a season would be a privilege and something forever written in the football folklore. Even if he couldn't do it on a rainy night in anywhere IN THE PREM he would lift the status of the club more than anything we could do on the pitch for the next decade. And I don't think anyone is seriously believing it could ever happen. :lol:

Edited by Pata

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

What are you on about 😂 you said we shouldn’t go for Messi because no top club wants him. So why then should be go for Mctominay ? Or Gordon in January ? No top club went for Trippier so was he a mistake?

Its clear they aren't going for Messi because he is on his way out. He is getting linked to US clubs and Middle East clubs.

That is why we shouldn't be going for him either. Do I really need to explain that?

Why you guys are going on about McTominay I will never know.

4 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Oh man we used to fall out about serious stuff like if attending a match was endorsing ashleys regime now there's drama about a slightly realistic chance we could sign Messi (we won't lol) what are you nonces on about?

I don't know why this exchange is seen as some sort of argument and is getting so many people riled up. 

Very very strange. 

Won’t happen, but even a season would be incredible. Sort of thing you tell your kids about in 20 years, that we saw the GOAT playing for our club :aww:

Nothing childish about dreaming about that, doesn’t mean anyone is advocating going full Galatico 

8 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I don't know why this exchange is seen as some sort of argument and is getting so many people riled up. 

Very very strange. 

Maybe calling people childish and embarrassing for wanting the greatest player ever to play for their club is part of the reason ?

3 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

Won’t happen, but even a season would be incredible. Sort of thing you tell your kids about in 20 years, that we saw the GOAT playing for our club :aww:

Nothing childish about dreaming about that, doesn’t mean anyone is advocating going full Galatico 

Yeah, I get that.

Unfortunately though, it would tie up a lot of money, and the squad needs a lot of work. 

The reality of his performances at his age especially with how we play wouldn't be too great either I don't think.

The reality is more likely to be injuries and lacklustre performances.

For a team like Man City perhaps it works, but we're not there yet.

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Maybe calling people childish and embarrassing for wanting the greatest player ever to play for their club is part of the reason ?

Oh is that really what is getting folks heated? Pretty tame considering some of the language used on here.

There's literally some dude calling me a nonce over a difference of opinion over signing a footballer.

But it's cool man. Hey, if it would make so many people happy then I hope we do sign him. 

I just think the reality of the move would be incredibly disappointing.

I’d prefer we didn’t sign up, especially with some Saudi loan loophole, solely because I’m very much enjoying this slow(er) build where people are forced to give credit to the manager and players. Signing Messi would just be wall to wall “buying the league” type of nonsense.

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Oh is that really what is getting folks heated? Pretty tame considering some of the language used on here.

There's literally some dude calling me a nonce over a difference of opinion over signing a footballer.

But it's cool man. Hey, if it would make so many people happy then I hope we do sign him. 

I just think the reality of the move would be incredibly disappointing.

I mean I don't think anyone thought it was a particularly realistic rumour, mostly jokes about how insane it is to even imagine a Messi to Newcastle link.

Then you came in calling people childish and cringeworthy for discussing it :lol:

2 minutes ago, Shak said:

I mean I don't think anyone thought it was a particularly realistic rumour, mostly jokes about how insane it is to even imagine a Messi to Newcastle link.

This is it.

Mental and fun to think of for 5 mins, but I've no realistic expectation of Messi strolling into little Benton to have a kick about with longstaff and co.

Mainly because he's shit and doesn't have the engine for Eddies mags.

1 minute ago, Shak said:

Then you came in calling people childish and cringeworthy for discussing it :lol:

Man, folks were not joking at all.

If someone says they don't care if he only scores one goal, because they get to see Messi, I think that is childish and kinda cringey.

It's hardly some big insult man. I wish you guys would stop acting as though I cursed folks out or insulted their parents.

Just now, KaKa said:

Man, folks were not joking at all.

If someone says they don't care if he only scores one goal, because they get to see Messi, I think that is childish and kinda cringey.

It's hardly some big insult man. I wish you guys would stop acting as though I cursed folks out or insulted their parents.

You could just try not being constantly belligerent in any way, whether it's insulting mothers or calling people childish. Just don't bother at all.