Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

52 minutes ago, UNITO said:

The best CB's in world football aren't renowned for being fast. Rio. Terry. Kompany. Tony Adams. Van Dijk. 

Although I do agree that playing out from the back is madness if you buy Maguire, however England who have consistently stuck with the meathead play high up majority of the times as they play against milkmen on the regular so the argument kind of invalidates itself. 

Thoughts aside, we should be going for high calibre players. Not Man Utd castaways. He cannot be Schars replacement at the grand old age of 30.  

I agree with your grander point.

Rio and Kompany and Van Dijk in their prime were pretty fast though, just odd examples.

Could have thrown in a Maldini or Bobby Moore to bolster your argument.

1 hour ago, UNITO said:

The best CB's in world football aren't renowned for being fast. Rio. Terry. Kompany. Tony Adams. Van Dijk. 

Although I do agree that playing out from the back is madness if you buy Maguire, however England who have consistently stuck with the meathead play high up majority of the times as they play against milkmen on the regular so the argument kind of invalidates itself. 

Thoughts aside, we should be going for high calibre players. Not Man Utd castaways. He cannot be Schars replacement at the grand old age of 30.  

Rio and VVD are or were known for speed 

You can be a great reader of the game like Kompany, or fast enough and good at recovery tackles to cover the space behind you like Rio (not to say he wasn't good at reading the game either, but his pace meant he could be confident he could take more risks), VVD seemed to have both that season he looked impregnable. I don't think he has that anymore though, injuries seem to have slowed him.

22 minutes ago, Mountain said:

I agree with your grander point.

Rio and Kompany and Van Dijk in their prime were pretty fast though, just odd examples.

Could have thrown in a Maldini or Bobby Moore to bolster your argument.

18 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Rio and VVD are or were known for speed 

14 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

You can be a great reader of the game like Kompany, or fast enough and good at recovery tackles to cover the space behind you like Rio (not to say he wasn't good at reading the game either, but his pace meant he could be confident he could take more risks), VVD seemed to have both that season he looked impregnable. I don't think he has that anymore though, injuries seem to have slowed him.

That's fair. My general consensus was that CB's aren't made to be fast, and a fast CB doesn't necessarily mean a good CB. 

I listened to Jamie Reubens podcast the other day and he said that the management of the team (Eales, Ashworth, Howe etc etc) and very statistically orientated, hopefully that means they've studied heavily on whoever they're to bring in. 

From here https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12900461/james-maddison-newcastle-lead-tottenham-in-race-for-leicester-and-england-midfielder

Newcastle are currently leading Tottenham in the race to sign Leicester's James Maddison.

Both clubs are interested in signing the attacking midfielder, who has only a year left on his contract, this summer.

Newcastle's interest stems back to the January transfer window, when Leicester were unwilling to sell the 26-year-old.

But following relegation, the Foxes will now listen to offers.

Newcastle are able to offer him Champions League football over Spurs, who are also long-term admirers.

However, Tottenham may formalise their interest following the appointment of Ange Postecoglou as head coach.

7 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

From here https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12900461/james-maddison-newcastle-lead-tottenham-in-race-for-leicester-and-england-midfielder

Newcastle are currently leading Tottenham in the race to sign Leicester's James Maddison.

Both clubs are interested in signing the attacking midfielder, who has only a year left on his contract, this summer.

Newcastle's interest stems back to the January transfer window, when Leicester were unwilling to sell the 26-year-old.

But following relegation, the Foxes will now listen to offers.

Newcastle are able to offer him Champions League football over Spurs, who are also long-term admirers.

However, Tottenham may formalise their interest following the appointment of Ange Postecoglou as head coach.

Usually inside info when Sky put out stuff like that 

2 hours ago, Tiresias said:

Maguire would be fantastic for everton under dyche or a team looking to defend deep. Anyone wanting him to play out from the back and play high up is asking for disappointment.

This isn't to say he is a bad player, like many maligned players he's just good at certain things and in wrong team

Everton have Tarkowski, who’s arguably just as good as Maguire most days.

How does the chart work? 

Does it go:

Keeping tabs on ---> monitoring --> weighing up a bid ---> preparing a bid ---> putting a bid together ---> formalising a bid ---> making an opening bid ---> back to preparing a bid 

Very confusing.

9 minutes ago, Ando7 said:

Little snippet on maddison,player was up here last week playing golf,make of that what you will,meetings with agents took place,fingers crossed. 

Was he aye 

48 minutes ago, Ando7 said:

Little snippet on maddison,player was up here last week playing golf,make of that what you will,meetings with agents took place,fingers crossed. 

Spotted in city vaults and then the happy chippy on Wednesday night. Got a metro fine as well

Someone else on here was saying he’d been spotted playing golf nearby recently weren’t they? 

I can’t find it now. From a week or so ago. 

2 minutes ago, LV said:

Someone else on here was saying he’d been spotted playing golf nearby recently weren’t they? 

I can’t find it now. From a week or so ago. 

Someone was talking about Mount being up here before the F1.

1 minute ago, Pixelphish said:

Someone was talking about Mount being up here before the F1.

I might be mixing up my Mounts and my Maddisons here :lol:

Edited by LV
Autocorrect fucked with my perfect punctuation

5 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Imagine upgrading Burn, Longstaff and Almiron in the starting eleven with Tierney, Szoboszlai and Maddison…😂

Which one's the Longstaff upgrade?