Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

3 hours ago, Stottie said:

I've said it before, but I fully support the club trying to get to 6th/7th without paying anyone over 150k a week. I do think its possible and a realistic goal for this season. Kicking on from there to get into the CL will need players on higher wages. I see it as inevitable. 

If things aren't going our way with three days or so left in the window, then yes, throw the wage structure out to get the player(s) we need. However, they have to be worth the potential resentment this is going to create among the squad. The window closes with five games played, and I think it would also be worth revising our targets and goals at that point. If we have eight points or more, with two games against the top two and Brighton and Wolves away out of the way, I think European places this season becomes a genuine possibility.

You'll probably need to have at least 1 player that could earn that much or close. Like a Vardy or Declan Rice.

There will always be a certain level of resentment or jealousness among people earning differing amounts, that's not a reason to not pay good/competitive wages or not to pay more than we are already paying someone else. On the caveat that the player can be deemed to be worth those wages of course.

Edited by Sean

Fully back the clubs decision not to give lingard crazy money.. but I'll struggle to back them if we have the chance to sign an elite talent we could afford..but won't because of wage structures and fear of upsetting individuals.

It's probably more to do with keeping the wage structure low in order to save money further down the line than it is with jealousy though (although that will be a factor). I think people underestimate how much money we can save (of which can then be utilised better in future windows) by being frugal in our business. Like dominos in' it? First one falls...

100,000k a week saved in wages is around 5m a season, every season. You add that to our unwillingness to go over our asking price for targets and it all adds up, 5m here and there eventually becomes 30m etc.

This is obviously a very basic way of looking at it, but I don't think we need to look too hard to realise why we might not be too keen to just throw an extra 10m to get this player or pay this player an extra 20k a week etc.

If we sign nobody else by the end of the window we'll have fucked up, undoubtedly, but I doubt that will be the case.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

If we get a chance to break the wage limit on a genuine superstar, we will. We won't be doing it on Jesse fucking Lingaard and rightly so.

If any player has an issue with us paying someone like Messi £500kpw, they can go drown in the North Sea. They should be thinking this player moves us on to the next level, gives us European football and actually helps my prospects of getting a better wages as we get closer to the top. We won't do it buying average players on average wages, or if we do, it'll be so slow that those who are there won't be playing when we finally arrive.

Just now, Happinesstan said:

"THEY WALKED AWAY"

lol.

After watching the Arsenal Amazon documentary they did the deal with Barca for Pea with 1 minute to go to the deadline so I could see clubs getting back in touch.

1 hour ago, Rich said:

They look trash but they broke at least one of our signings in Jan, if I remember rightly.

I swear that's where I first saw the Eddie Howe link too. So yeah, I have noticed they're a pretty good source.

Just now, McCormick said:

Pedro/Ramos

CHO/Pulisic on loan

Would be a pretty solid end to the window. If I’m being greedy I’d love another cm but happy to keep our powder dry for a big bid next summer.

Yep, I’d be excited about that. Re the CM thing, just noticed Wijnaldum went off to Roma on loan from PSG. Shame. 

1 minute ago, McCormick said:

Would be a pretty solid end to the window. If I’m being greedy I’d love another cm but happy to keep our powder dry for a big bid next summer.

I think if we get to the final few days of the window and Tielemans is still sitting at Leicester with no one coming in for him we could make a move. His asking price is likely way more reasonable than Maddison or Fofana.

Just now, mrmojorisin75 said:

aye more wingers/forwards is absolutely just what they need, daft fucking cunts :lol:

They are just getting desperate now. Marko Arnautovic, and now Chelsea's cast offs. They really are fucking hopeless.

Hilarious tbh. Watching them try and shoe-horn Eriksen, Ronaldo and Fernandes into the side. Sancho flopping horrendously, Martial being Martial, Rashford completely shot, loads of talented youngsters wasting away, but aye what they need is a loan of a Chelsea squad cast-off. Ludicrous twats.