Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

47 minutes ago, Emotic said:

Smells like agent bait, the Terrier "bid" - coincidentally as he's negotiating for a new contract.

I'm not sure I understand, if we have or haven't made a bid then surely his club would know? 

Edit - or are you saying the agent has lured us into making a bid? That would make sense. 

Edited by Keegans Export

I'm sure PL experience would be preferred, sure - but I'm also quite certain that Eddie Howe appreciates that our best player also came from Paqueta's current club, without the benefit of "PL experience"[emoji38]. Our club hierarchy isn't run by idiots any more, they just want the best, for the system, for the money.

They obviously have their reasons but given Chelsea’s movement in the market signing CHO despite the risk seemed like a really obvious move for us given our weakness in the RW position. I’m gutted we haven’t gone for him. 

11 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Wonder if we were one of the clubs interested. Seems like this rumour can be put to bed either way.

Screenshot_20220824-091348_Facebook.thumb.jpg.a21bd7b3910bddfb3f01ab14cf1337d1.jpg

Well there’s their Diaby replacement (wink wink)

I think there's a decent chance we'll fail to get our targets now. If every deal gets this slow and complicated there has to be a chance that we'll run out of time at some point.

Making first contact with a target with a week to go is one of the more risky ways to run the window. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think there's a decent chance we'll fail to get our targets now. If every deal gets this slow and complicated there has to be a chance that we'll run out of time at some point.

Making first contact with a target with a week to go is one of the more risky ways to run the window. 

Very much this. Risky way of doing it.

It’s all bluff and counter bluff with clubs and agents. Each have their own reasons for the other to believe they are the only show in town.

Going to be a rollercoaster 7 days ?

11 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

trust the process. They know what they’re doing. 

17 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

You don't know that's what's happening though? 

Speaking at the Financial Times Business of Football Summit, Stavely said:

"We are not saying we are going to spend silly money. We are not,” she added.

“I hope that in the next transfer window people will see we are not going to overpay for players or assets. If people think we will spend silly money, we will not.”

It's almost like they're trying to make a point of it...

People thinking our new back-room set up is going to go all “sunderland ‘til I Die Griggs purchase” in the last week?
I’m sure there’s deals for players nobody has a fucking clue we’re after quietly being done. I’m expecting a few surprises over the next few days. (Pavlidis here yet?)

22 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

All our January signings other than Trippier were pretty much begun and finalised within a day or two, weren't they?