Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

40 minutes ago, midds said:

Not seen too much of Pulisic tbh so not best placed to make any type of judgement on him but I don't recall seeing take a single game by the scruff of the neck and drag his team through it. Maybe he's not that type of player or I've missed the times he has done it but I'm far from convinced and if he's going to cost a few bob then I think I'd prefer to look elsewhere. 

That said if Howe wants him and we end up getting him then he'll get my full support obviously. I trust the manager and trust the scouts and recruitment team to choose their targets carefully. 

He's done it a few times for Chelsea, particularly in the period with no fans in the stadiums. 

I don't think he is exactly that player, though. He's much better being involved in quick, short build up play or crashing the box and becoming a second forward.

I've seen him enough to know he would be a good signing for us. Hasn't really lived up to his talent at Chelsea, but if he stays healthy and gets to work with Howe I think he'll finally get there.

1 hour ago, RodneyCisse said:

Feels like we’ve moved passed the calibre of Pulisic but as a replacement for Fraser I’d be more than happy.

Jacob Murphy has 16 appearances for us this season. Pulisic clearly has a higher ceiling than Almiron too.  

Pulisic is a good footballer - his injury record is nightmarish though so unless there’s some hope of improving it you’d think we’d avoid. 

As a player he’s clearly a step up from the likes of Murphy and Fraser.  That’s why the rebuild is fun - most of our signings are almost guaranteed to succeed given who they’re replacing. 

Well if it’s a credible link for Pulisic it might be on the back burner again as it looks like Broja has just done his ACL so might need him for cover even if slightly different players.

Edited by LFEE

50 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Well if it’s a credible link for Pulisic it might be on the back burner again as it looks like Broja has just done his ACL so might need him for cover even if slightly different players.

Fuck

Poor kid 

Just now, RodneyCisse said:

Still injured?

Apparently. Liverpool fans discussing if they need to buy replacements or gamble as out until Feb and beyond. Wasn’t sure if it was against Lyon today or previously as not actually seen much of them this season apart from against us.

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

Apparently. Liverpool fans discussing if they need to buy replacements or gamble as out until Feb and beyond. Wasn’t sure if it was against Lyon today or previously as not actually seen much of them this season apart from against us.

Not sure they’ll be dipping into the market with the club up for sale.

51 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

I’m not actually sure what he was doing?

You got me. He just seemed to run straight into the defender, with no attempt to play the ball. One or both of them was bound to get hurt.

42 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

One position we absolutely dont need this season.

I heard this re GK in the summer too.  Constantly improving the backline makes sense to me - Skriniar is better than Schar, no doubt for me there.  Whether we get him (or even if we're in for him) is another matter like

Pulisic’s way too injury prone and gives off a huge feeling of carrying on like Michael Owen when it comes to playing club games over playing for QSA. Not to mention his entourage are bad news and enjoy attacking his teammates and coaches if he’s not getting minutes.

For the likely huge amount price and wages wise he’d cost and whilst he’d be decent I think we could be wiser. He does need to get out of Chelsea though, was always going to be a poor move.

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I heard this re GK in the summer too.  Constantly improving the backline makes sense to me - Skriniar is better than Schar, no doubt for me there.  Whether we get him (or even if we're in for him) is another matter like

He is good. Can't he play some fullback too?

7 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

No need to upset squad balance at this stage. Summer would be a different, as its not this season. A CM to help push Bruno forward in time and a winger to add to our relatively poor numbers in that position aye.