Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

2 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

I wonder if it’s now to him not being as good this season.

Not followed the Bundesliga this season but know that Leverkusen have been largely shit as a whole so far, and Diaby's still their top scorer this season. 8 in all competitions and has age on his side. No idea how much he'd cost though.

14 hours ago, rebelrouser said:

The shirts that look like American "football" or basketball referees or Foot Locker shoe store employees? Don't forget Joe Biden promised to make KSA a "pariah." Newcastle is never going to be a big team in America.   

Newcastle United are one of the bigger clubs in the US.

I think we are in danger of thinking signing players isn't a priority in this window with Miggy on fire and Shelvey coming back. Personally I still think a world class wide forward and midfielder are needed just to cement that CL spot.

Athletic article today made a case for what we do we do now with Isak, Maxi, Wilson, Miggy all fit and further, Joelinton, Murphy having played well there pre World Cup. Interesting stuff, tough selection headache for Howe as he’s absolutely got to get the balance right. 

11 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Athletic article today made a case for what we do we do now with Isak, Maxi, Wilson, Miggy all fit and further, Joelinton, Murphy having played well there pre World Cup. Interesting stuff, tough selection headache for Howe as he’s absolutely got to get the balance right. 

I like Murphy, but he's absolutely miles away from the rest of the group.

Also, that whole group, fit at the same time?

no-way-nah.gif.0ad3c5d3f1d87090ee90714883283a42.gif

Edited by Unlucky Luque

I'm dreaming of two purples. One who can play either wing and one who can play in one of the more advanced CM roles and perhaps even a #10 in future.

That second one might be called James.

48 minutes ago, Rich said:

Is it not just because Miggy's class now?

I'd think so. Certainly think it means a wide forward for the right hand side has slipped down the priority list for Jan. Personally think Jan will now be a young player or two with an eye to the future. Ashby and that Argentinian lad.

11 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I read that. The decision is made tougher with Maxi seemingly less effective coming off the bench, or at least he was in the few games before the break. Seems he has to be starting to get full value from him on the left.

Just now, TRon said:

I read that. The decision is made tougher with Maxi seemingly less effective coming off the bench, or at least he was in the few games before the break. Seems he has to be starting to get full value from him on the left.

ASM is a weird one. His style suggests he would be perfect impact sub, but any time he comes off the bench he always seems a little underwhelming. Feel like he is one of those players that needs to gradually grow into a game.

1 minute ago, sushimonster85 said:

ASM is a weird one. His style suggests he would be perfect impact sub, but any time he comes off the bench he always seems a little underwhelming. Feel like he is one of those players that needs to gradually grow into a game.

He’s a bit moody as well. Needs to feel that the manager has complete faith in him. 

2 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Also get the impression that he isn't that interested in games where he's not on from the get go. And you are right, he does sometimes need warming up a bit before he gets into top gear. He can give the ball away a few times  then suddenly he's tearing the opposition apart.

21 minutes ago, Rich said:

I'm dreaming of two purples. One who can play either wing and one who can play in one of the more advanced CM roles and perhaps even a #10 in future.

That second one might be called James.

My crystal ball, without any illusions to being ITK, says two players who went to the World Cup. A forward, who impressed, who can play anywhere across a front three and a midfielder, who didn’t feature, and wants to up his chances of featuring in future.