Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

18 hours ago, midds said:

Not seen too much of Pulisic tbh so not best placed to make any type of judgement on him but I don't recall seeing take a single game by the scruff of the neck and drag his team through it. Maybe he's not that type of player or I've missed the times he has done it but I'm far from convinced and if he's going to cost a few bob then I think I'd prefer to look elsewhere. 

That said if Howe wants him and we end up getting him then he'll get my full support obviously. I trust the manager and trust the scouts and recruitment team to choose their targets carefully. 

Well said. I've seen Pulisic be quick and tricky, but not force consistently. If he was then Chelsea wouldn't be appearing to be bothered if he leaves or not. End of the day, will trust Howe.

1 hour ago, AJ9 said:

I’m going to try and take the last 2 windows as a lesson. Fuck looking over at what other clubs are doing. We will get who we get, and whatever happens Howe is improving what we have. 

This window feels very different to the last two. I don't feel there are any glaring deficiencies in our squad, we don't really need to sign anyone, any signings we do make will be a bonus.

14 minutes ago, BoSelecta said:

We need ~8 players before the start of next season when we’re in Europe. They’ll not want to bring that many in one window so I think 3 in Jan

We need to sell some before we start bringing in 8 players. The squad is bloated as it is, numerically. 

4 hours ago, Disco said:

His Dad got caught out enjoying abuse of Tuchel, Mount and Havertz after they got beat off Leeds. 

One of the best things since Howe came in is the near silence we now have regarding little situations like this and other unwanted / distracting noise from the squad and their camps. Even with Dubravka it seemed to come after the move was sorted. 

He seems to have a big ego because of his position on the USMNT.  Not getting along w/ Tuchel is one thing (Mirror), but Potter doesn't seem to rate him either.  If we sign him and he sits behind ASM, Miggy, Wilson, Isak, how long until the complaints start? I suppose using him as attacking midfielder might solve his playing time requirements.  Not worth the risk.   

A player who helps us into the CL would be my preference over a yank perma crock. There’s a wealth of wingers out there Mudryk, Diaby, Kudus to name a few who I’d want ahead of Pulisic. Not buying that where in for him as his injury record would be a major red flag, this incarnation of NUFC has no need to take gambles on so called top 4 rejects. I certainly don’t buy into the theory he’d be a good signing for commercial reasons, Howe and Ashton wouldn’t entertain it.

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

A player who helps us into the CL would be my preference over a yank perma crock. There’s a wealth of wingers out there Mudryk, Diaby, Kudus to name a few who I’d want ahead of Pulisic. Not buying that where in for him as his injury record would be a major red flag, this incarnation of NUFC has no need to take gambles on so called top 4 rejects. I certainly don’t buy into the theory he’d be a good signing for commercial reasons, Howe and Ashton wouldn’t entertain it.

I'm not saying we should sign him for commercial reasons and I agree I'd prefer to look elsewhere, but there's no doubt it would be a financial win. I'm guessing more Newcastle shirts would be sold in America in the first 6 months than have been sold in the history of the club. And if we continue on the path to success and he turned things around here? NUFC would be one of the most popular clubs in the US.

Pulisic has talent but he is absolutely over hyped and overrated imo. I'd rather we spent more than half the amount beating Leicester to Tajon Buchanan. I'm 100% biased on that though!

If Howe and the team want Pulisic I am 100% behind it. He has undeniable xfactor if we could harness it and help him stay fit and grow.

46 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I'm guessing more Newcastle shirts would be sold in America in the first 6 months than have been sold in the history of the club.

The shirts that look like American "football" or basketball referees or Foot Locker shoe store employees? Don't forget Joe Biden promised to make KSA a "pariah." Newcastle is never going to be a big team in America.   

14 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

The shirts that look like American "football" or basketball referees or Foot Locker shoe store employees? Don't forget Joe Biden promised to make KSA a "pariah." Newcastle is never going to be a big team in America.   

Yes?

That's not true at all. There are three things that make clubs popular in America: 1) winning 2) global superstars (Messi/Ronaldo/Neymar) 3) Americans on the team 

15 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

For the Chelsea match before the World Cup, we had about 40-50 Newcastle fans at the bar here watching the match. That’s up from about six people at the end of last season. 

We’re going to be massive. Everyone’s working at Foot Locker now. 

I personally think well struggle to move a lot of our unwanted players on. I could see some clubs wanting Fraser, but Ritchie, Manq, Lascelles, even Lewis, they're not going to be at the top of anyone's list, I could see most having to drop to the championship, move abroad, or hope a newly promoted club will gamble on their past PL experience. 

Edited by mighty__mag