Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

24 minutes ago, Klaus said:

:memelol:

The irony of course is that the reason that we need to be taken over by a sovereign wealth fund in order to compete with ‘his’ club is because there’s millions of Brians around the world who’ve decided to support Arsenal because they saw them on telly once and they were good - pouring more money into their kitty and compounding the gulf in English football

You don’t get your fucking moral high horse on this one Brian

30 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

I think Pulisic would be fantastic under Howe but not sure re wage demands etc. Hasnt he also had a patchy injury record?

I really don’t think he’s one to have his wages stand in the way of his footballing ambitions and playing regularly for a team that will value his contributions. He’d be a perfect winger on both sides for Howe, imo. He’s built to press, play quick 1 touch football and find space in channels. 

Not seen too much of Pulisic tbh so not best placed to make any type of judgement on him but I don't recall seeing take a single game by the scruff of the neck and drag his team through it. Maybe he's not that type of player or I've missed the times he has done it but I'm far from convinced and if he's going to cost a few bob then I think I'd prefer to look elsewhere. 

That said if Howe wants him and we end up getting him then he'll get my full support obviously. I trust the manager and trust the scouts and recruitment team to choose their targets carefully. 

Pulisic would be a good signing - we don't have anyone quite like him. I imagine he'd be well motivated, in that he apparently feels a bit ill-used by Chelsea and has something to prove. I thought he put a lot into his performances at the World Cup too. 

Having said that, why would Chelsea want to sell him to a club which - incredibly - is now a rival for a CL place. Besides, they don't seem to be short of money.