Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

33 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

My crystal ball, without any illusions to being ITK, says two players who went to the World Cup. A forward, who impressed, who can play anywhere across a front three and a midfielder, who didn’t feature, and wants to up his chances of featuring in future. 

Who's the forward?

1 hour ago, TRon said:

Also get the impression that he isn't that interested in games where he's not on from the get go. And you are right, he does sometimes need warming up a bit before he gets into top gear. He can give the ball away a few times  then suddenly he's tearing the opposition apart.

he was a great impact sub away from home recently before the cup if I recall correctly. 

9 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Say it quietly, but whilst Almiron has made brilliant improvements and is very much in the form of his life, he still lacks the technical ability to be top level. He'll need replaced sooner rather than later imo if we want to challenge at the top. 

Totally agree with this. You've got to be brutal to reach the top. No room for sentiment.

10 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Say it quietly, but whilst Almiron has made brilliant improvements and is very much in the form of his life, he still lacks the technical ability to be top level. He'll need replaced sooner rather than later imo if we want to challenge at the top. 

You take that back Doctor Zaius! 

11 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

This 🖕🏼

Almiron on fire

However 

1. He will get injured(at some point)

2. He needs competition 

3. He can’t cross with his right 

4. Need better if we want to compete amongst Europe’s elite 

Having said that , I love his hard work , love his relationship with Trippier and his goals have been priceless and I wouldn’t drop him , I would bring in competition for each wing (or a player that can do either wing) 

Edited by JonBez comesock

8 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Totally agree with this. You've got to be brutal to reach the top. No room for sentiment.

Same should be said of Joelinton.

There's only Botman, Pope, Bruno and Isak that we shouldn't be looking for improvement on (not including Trippier due to this age).

26 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Nah, don't get this at all. He's very much the perfect wide forward on current form and I see no reason whatsoever why this form wouldn't continue. 

I've been wanting a RW since last January but I honestly cannot think of too many players who I'd replace Almiron with on current form.

7 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Nah, don't get this at all. He's very much the perfect wide forward on current form and I see no reason whatsoever why this form wouldn't continue. 

I've been wanting a RW since last January but I honestly cannot think of too many players who I'd replace Almiron with on current form.

I can see both sides of the argument. It could just be he's on a hot streak, but it could be he was always underperforming, and an astute coach has got him to make maximum use of his talents. He's no Lionel Messi, but not many footballers are. Some of his goals have been top notch, probably too many for it to be a fluke.

Depends on what Howe's plans are for Isak, to some extent.

Seems like he'll be the main man at CF eventually but from what we've seen of him so far I expect he'd be very useful in either of the wide roles too. Obviously off the left cutting inside on his preferred foot you'd expect him to be comfortable but given how advanced Trippier plays at RB the RW role could work too? Was a lot of talk that he'd take Almiron's place when he signed so I think they might have confidence he can pick up the slack if Almiron's form dips.

Really do hope we get one first team player in quickly in January. Could be huge for the push for a CL spot. Happy to add youngsters as the depth for the most part but one player to be an immediate impact would be huge IMO.

Personally think the ideal signing for us is a left footed striker who can also play out right if needed. Isak's injury lingering is a worry and obviously we know Wilson is always going to have us holding out breath so another player who isn't Chris Wood would be huge.

A young Robin Van Persie type, ideally. If that's not too much to ask :lol:

14 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I'm pretty sure Isak will end up playing on the left, which is interesting in itself because of the implications of a Wilson injury. 

Maybe this season, but not long term. That Waugh piece for The Athletic today suggests they didn't buy him with the idea of him being play out wide. Was always meant to challenge/be the long term successor to Wilson.

6 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Maybe this season, but not long term. That Waugh piece for The Athletic today suggests they didn't buy him with the idea of him being play out wide. Was always meant to challenge/be the long term successor to Wilson.

Yeah, I agree. But unless he's going to overtake Wilson this season or the next one (or even two) he'll need to be accommodated in the same team. 

I didn't think Isak looked massively comfortable leading the line in the Palace or Bournemouth home games. Obviously he was still bedding into the team and both games we had Fraser on the left so hardly ideal in terms of creating chances but I can see an argument for him playing just off a main striker in some games. For a while, at least.

The Liverpool game was the opposite because Liverpool were trying to take the game to us and Isak was able to find space and looked dangerous.

Wouldn't be shocked if we saw him playing out wide with Wilson up top in games we're expecting teams to sit back a bit more, then Wilson going to the bench in away games.