Jump to content

Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7


Rich
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

I also put him in the same bracket to be honest even though his goals are higher


Pound shop Saint-Maximin, some of the skill, some of the pace etc. Aside from making up numbers I can’t see how he would fit into the description of players who can come in and make a difference as Howe mentioned.

 

Maddison of course fits that profile but not this lad though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Gawalls said:

What’s bizarre about that story is we’re negotiating as we won’t pay the amount - the fact that its only 17.5m makes me think Maddison and Harrison were always higher up the priority list and he is being kept on the hook just in case.

Yea the price is already an Decent good price and should be payed and get the player ready on the bench for forrest 😎

 

 

Edited by snakzz

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Mikky said:

With all these Werner links, I would love for us to sign Depay - can play in all 3 positions up top - surely we could negotiate some sort of deal 

Didnt he reject us?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Has to be something non football going on with cornet not being snapped up at that price.
 

Admittedly I didn’t watch a great deal of Burnley last season but his numbers are excellent for £17.5m.
 

Scored 9 and assisted 2 last year in a relegated Burnley side. Scored 6 & assisted 2 in 23 champions league games at Lyon. Equally comfortable on the left or right and can cover at LB.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, BoSelecta said:

Has to be something non football going on with cornet not being snapped up at that price.
 

Admittedly I didn’t watch a great deal of Burnley last season but his numbers are excellent for £17.5m.
 

Scored 9 and assisted 2 last year in a relegated Burnley side. Scored 6 & assisted 2 in 23 champions league games at Lyon. Equally comfortable on the left or right and can cover at LB.

 


He’s had a lot of interest from promoted sides and Everton. I reckon he wants to pick his next move more carefully.

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

I don’t see Cornet as an upgrade on Almiron or Fraser, certainly not Wilson.

Almiron has scored the same number of goals Cornet has in the PL. It's just taken him 4 seasons to Cornet's 1.

 

I'll never understand how much grace this lad gets from the fans on here. He's done little to deserve it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Almiron has scored the same number of goals Cornet has in the PL. It's just taken him 4 seasons to Cornet's 1.

 

I'll never understand how much grace this lad gets from the fans on here. He's done little to deserve it.

 

He's extremely likeable, he plays with a smile, he plays with passion, he chases every ball, he puts his foot in when needed and right at this moment in time he's putting out respectable numbers (in pre season admittedly).

 

By all means judge him on previous seasons stats and performances as that is all we can do for now but you can't seriously be blind to the reasons that fans have taken to him and are therfore giving him some benefit of the doubt.

Link to post
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Almiron has scored the same number of goals Cornet has in the PL. It's just taken him 4 seasons to Cornet's 1.

 

I'll never understand how much grace this lad gets from the fans on here. He's done little to deserve it.

Oh do you not like Almiron?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember seeing Cornet early on last season and thinking he looked a really good player. Seemed to fade as the season went on but that could be down to being surrounded by the shit he was playing with at Burnley. 

Think he would be a really good squad addition and covers alot of positions. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

 

He's extremely likeable, he plays with a smile, he plays with passion, he chases every ball, he puts his foot in when needed and right at this moment in time he's putting out respectable numbers (in pre season admittedly).

 

By all means judge him on previous seasons stats and performances as that is all we can do for now but you can't seriously be blind to the reasons that fans have taken to him and are therfore giving him some benefit of the doubt.

None of this has anything to do with footballing ability.

 

You have people saying "Cornet is not an upgrade on Almiron". Based on what? It sounds like you like his smile more. We've had hard-workers in the past with little end product (Sissoko, Ritchie, Milner) and they got plenty of stick on here for lacking quality.

 

I've no problem with people liking the lad - as a lad. But to suggest his ability is similar to Cornet..... there's no basis for that train of thought. There's little to even suggest he's a PL level player. It's been a colossal waste of £30m. Maybe because he's Rafa's lad he gets even more grace.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Almiron has scored the same number of goals Cornet has in the PL. It's just taken him 4 seasons to Cornet's 1.

 

I'll never understand how much grace this lad gets from the fans on here. He's done little to deserve it.

 

I think he gets grace for 2 reasons. Firstly, the attitude and effort that he puts in. But secondly there's nothing inherently wrong in hoping your (one-time) record signing comes good.

 

I'd add in a third that he's largely played out of position too. He's just not a right winger.

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, relámpago blanco said:

Bellotti, Grillitsch, Maddison and Diaby and I think it's been a good window.

Wouldn't mind Grillitsch. His agent was apparently fucking round a few teams this window asking for daft money after deals were mostly agreed.

He's dumped the agent now though so might be worth a look.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

 

I think he gets grace for 2 reasons. Firstly, the attitude and effort that he puts in. But secondly there's nothing inherently wrong in hoping your (one-time) record signing comes good.

 

I'd add in a third that he's largely played out of position too. He's just not a right winger.

He's being discussed now as a wide player vs Cornet.

 

James Milner put in tremendous graft and never got this grace as an English teenager. I guess that's a good thing.

 

I'm not suggesting people give him stick or owt. It's the rating his ability on the pitch that just doesn't make any sense.

 

He's expected to start as a RW this season or a LW. And people are suggesting we would be not better off with Cornet in the team instead. Grace isn't even the word. Undeserved faith in his ability as a footballer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If the stated release clause exists, Cornet will definitely move this window.

I think the delay is the player waiting to see what his best option is. He'll know that it may be as a fallback choice for a team pursuing other players.

I quite like the idea of stringing Cornet along to deadline day, and seeing how Almiron does in the first few games played in anger. Give him one last chance to prove he's been unBruced.

Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

None of this has anything to do with footballing ability.

 

You have people saying "Cornet is not an upgrade on Almiron". Based on what? It sounds like you like his smile more. We've had hard-workers in the past with little end product (Sissoko, Ritchie, Milner) and they got plenty of stick on here for lacking quality.

 

I've no problem with people liking the lad - as a lad. But to suggest his ability is similar to Cornet..... there's no basis for that train of thought. There's little to even suggest he's a PL level player. It's been a colossal waste of £30m. Maybe because he's Rafa's lad he gets even more grace.

 

Almiron gets incredible levels of stick on this forum. Are you going to pretend that you're the only one criticising him?

Link to post
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

 

I think he gets grace for 2 reasons. Firstly, the attitude and effort that he puts in. But secondly there's nothing inherently wrong in hoping your (one-time) record signing comes good.

 

I'd add in a third that he's largely played out of position too. He's just not a right winger.

 

 

Also think it's worth giving him a chance to see if some direction from Howe can make the difference. Probably a long shot,  but he does have the tools in his locker to get double figures if he's encouraged to get in goalscoring positions more regularly.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Raconteur said:

Hypothetically speaking - if we're negotiating with Leicester, what would people think about a cheeky loan bid for Ayoze as the RW/ST cover we need?

Not for me im afraid

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...