Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

2 minutes ago, Mountain said:

Neves is a fraud, a few long range goals and acceptable stats for his position. Nothing more.

People have let his long range goals cloud the picture, much like Tielemans, he was poor against us in both games, I'd have Joelinton any day over him.

he scored against us, tho. 

1 hour ago, Mountain said:

Neves is a fraud, a few long range goals and acceptable stats for his position. Nothing more.

People have let his long range goals cloud the picture, much like Tielemans, he was poor against us in both games, I'd have Joelinton any day over him.

There’s always at least one post like this.  Like you’d rather have Shelvey come off the bench instead of Neves ffs. :lol: 

8 hours ago, Mountain said:

Both games ? We have only played them once this season ? 

6 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Trossard out of favour at Brighton, I wonder if we’ll test the water there this month?

Does feel like (if the reports about us being interested are accurate) this is exactly the type of situation they have been on the look out for. Someone that they have on a list somewhere suddenly becoming available.

1 minute ago, sushimonster85 said:

Does feel like (if the reports about us being interested are accurate) this is exactly the type of situation they have been on the look out for. Someone that they have on a list somewhere suddenly becoming available.

When does his contract run out? They may decide to cut their losses in Jan if it means getting more money now. 

2 minutes ago, STM said:

He's out of contract too right?

Summer 2024.

His agent all over the media saying they’ve fallen out and won’t sign a new deal. De Zerbi openly speaking about it. Seems unlikely that he’ll be returning to the team anytime soon. 

Would love us to get him, personally. Bit more of a goal threat from wide. You’d imagine he’d fit Howe’s system better than ASM does and he is different to Big/Little Joe.

Always thought he was neat and tidy. But maybe lacked a bit when it mattered. But he has some important and brilliant goals to his name the last season and a half. 

Reckon we will push for a fee below 20m, given the situation.

It's the sort of scenario where even if Trossard was pushed out of the first team in the next 12 months, he be a very useful squad player. Similar level to Almiron.

We really are keeping our cards close to our chest. I haven't a clue who we are really going to move for.

2 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Summer 2024.

His agent all over the media saying they’ve fallen out and won’t sign a new deal. De Zerbi openly speaking about it. Seems unlikely that he’ll be returning to the team anytime soon. 

Would love us to get him, personally. Bit more of a goal threat from wide. You’d imagine he’d fit Howe’s system better than ASM does and he is different to Big/Little Joe.

Always thought he was neat and tidy. But maybe lacked a bit when it mattered. But he has some important and brilliant goals to his name the last season and a half. 

It's 2023 but there seems to be some confusion over an extension. He's career there is over, that's for sure.

41 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Trossard out of favour at Brighton, I wonder if we’ll test the water there this month?

He’s out of favour for supposed poor work rate and attitude, can’t see us being interested at all.

Reports the other day also said we turned down the chance to go for him as we want someone younger.

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

He’s out of favour for supposed poor work rate and attitude, can’t see us being interested at all.

Reports the other day also said we turned down the chance to go for him as we want someone younger.

All conjecture at this point. I’m sure Ashworth will have the inside track or know what type of character he is. 

If it is true. Then yeah, I doubt we’d waste our time there. 

Neves and Trossard are exactly the type of signings City made when they first started to push on - buying the better players of the midtable teams. Would be very happy with either or both. Players like that to boost the quality of the squad supplemented with the occasional worldie like Bruno or Isak is ideal really.

9 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

We aren’t letting Lascelles go this month imo, we would need a replacement if we did and he’s by all accounts a great character and leader in the dressing room, something Howe will want to keep mid season.

Club captain no chance, don't think football insiders ever right