Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

2 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Apples and eggs. We can’t compare, and we’re not always getting the foreign cut price surprise package!

As long as our budget is unlimited, you won't see me complaining[emoji38]

5 minutes ago, Emotic said:

Yeah, imagine that one Anthony Gordon cost 120 percent of a Bruno Guimaraes. The English tax is insane, like. [emoji38]

I wouldn't even say it's a tax. Its just part of their value because they tick a box a Brazilian/French/etc player can't.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

You can understand why they would ask for that much, we spent that on someone far less proven who isn’t much younger.

That's true and I'm surprised we forked out that much on Gordon as well tbf. But I honestly don't see what Gallagher is good at, or what he adds to us beside replacing a body on the way out.

3 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

That's true and I'm surprised we forked out that much on Gordon as well tbf. But I honestly don't see what Gallagher is good at, or what he adds to us beside replacing a body on the way out.

Yeah I wouldn’t touch him at that price, I’d have him on loan to give us cover but would hope we can get in better.

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

This is all forum chit-chat but if you could sign Gallagher for 40-45m or Maddison for 55-65m, I'd be doing the Maddison deal 10/10

I think most would but I just can't see Leicester selling right now. Think he's definitely away in the summer if he doesn't renew his contract and if we're in the CL next season there's a very good chance he's coming here.

3 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I can see Gallagher’s qualities as a midfielder, but my issue is that if he signed it would very much a case of a much of a muchness in that midfield. Willock, Longstaff to some extent have the same profile.

Ideally, would want someone with a bit more guile on the ball. Neves perhaps, but he’s completely unobtainable.

Just now, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

I can see Gallagher’s qualities as a midfielder, but my issue is that if he signed it would very much a case of a much of a muchness in that midfield. Willock, Longstaff to some extent have the same profile.

Ideally, would want someone with a bit more guile on the ball. Neves perhaps, but he’s completely unobtainable.

Thank you for wording my thoughts far better than I possibly could here. :lol: Fully agree and it's why I'm not arsed about getting him.

4 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Too much muchness tbh

I'd be pleased with Gallagher on a loan with an option to buy - but less pleased with an obligation to buy. In the summer, we'll have a better idea of our financial position and whether or not we'll be in Europe next season, and can plan accordingly. He may well prove to be worth something close to 40m compared with other options. Or perhaps not. We'd be able to decide.

57 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

You can understand why they would ask for that much, we spent that on someone far less proven who isn’t much younger.

How dare you talk about the greatest player in the league like this.

Gordon was a bargain.

35 minutes ago, NWMag said:

If Gallagher got into the positions Longstaff has this season he would have scored the majority of them chances 

True, but playing devil's advocate, would he have done all the other stuff that Longstaff does do well? Namely off the ball work?