Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

I think at this point you have to assume Gallagher will be sold, not loaned, sooner rather than later. His sale, sadly, can easily make up much of the insane Enzo fee since he's homegrown. And besides, when would he ever play for Chelsea again? He needs to leave for his career.

1 minute ago, Toonjam88 said:

Who else they going to sell him to? I honestly don’t think they give a shit to be fair 😂 

Palace, Everton if he agrees to it. Leicester as an outside bet. 

19 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

Gallagher has been turgid all year.

He's looked ok from when I've watched - actually one of their better players.  I think he'd suit Eddies style of play and he's a defo upgrade on Longstaff.

2 minutes ago, TotalWar said:

I thought in the game against us before Christmas he was Chelsea’s most impressive player. 
he was constantly trying to find space, driving them forward, linking with others, he had far more urgency than his teammates. It often didnt quite come off due to his teammates lack of effort, or our superb pressing.

He’s definitely a step up from Longstaff and seems to fulfil a similar role.

Gallagher is suited to our style of play and I can see why Howe is an admirer of his. He was great for Palace and despite lacking the goals he has previously had, he still looks like one of the more effective players for Chelsea.

Think some of us are underrating him tbh, he’s very well suited to our style physically and has the technical quality to put him above Longstaff or Willock. Young, English and big potential to improve.. no wonder Eddies a fan.

Just now, Nine said:

Think some of us are underrating him tbh, he’s very well suited to our style physically and has the technical quality to put him above Longstaff or Willock. Young, English and big potential to improve.. no wonder Eddies a fan.

Shelvey ——> Gallagher

Wood —-> Gordon

we’d be so much stronger as a squad

Eddie admires him, I’d be happy if he came

3 minutes ago, Nine said:

He’s a better fit than Maddison with regards to our style of play that I will agree.

1 minute ago, The Bonk said:

I’m not entirely convinced Maddison even fancies joining us. Think he would prefer ManU, Arsenal over us, even if he’s a rotating player for those sides.

How’d you get to that opinion? 

43 minutes ago, St1pe said:

He’s also got a half decent shot from distance unlike any of our other centre mids [emoji38]

This is big thing. I do see Gordon offering lots of what Gallagher does and if we are getting Maddison now or the summer, between what we have already and those two I don't know that Gallagher is needed.  He is pretty versatile and offers lots of useful attributes, just not next level ones imo. Bit like Gordon though there is raw potential if our coaching staff can harness it.

We do have people capable of hitting from a distance in ASM, Bruno, Schar and even Almiron. It just hasn't helped oppositions have started being much tighter defensively and how they approach us has limited space. The addition of Gordon and even someone like Gallagher to create more space will help that. Whether we improve our wayward shot attempts who knows. 

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Would be fantastic if we can get Fraser and Lewis some suitors and a new club. What happened to all the Everton links for Fraser?

There was a “let’s buy Gallagher” decoy to bouy the fans. Cold hard reality will set in 2mow with a last minute bid for Fraser! [emoji38]

Edited by PauloGeordio

31 minutes ago, Manxst said:

How’d you get to that opinion? 

Previous links, mostly, going off of my gut. Playing for us at this point in his career might not be a guarantee for England, either.

While we’re on the rise, I still think we have some catching up to do in regards to other big clubs in turning players heads. If given the option and we’re not in the CL, he 100% goes to one of those top 4 teams. (Spurs, Man U, Arsenal)

Would love to be proven wrong as I rate him highly. I think we actually stand a better chance of signing him now if Leicester are bothered. He’s 100% going to a CL side this summer, really hope it’s us!

55 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

I’m not entirely convinced Maddison even fancies joining us. Think he would prefer ManU, Arsenal over us, even if he’s a rotating player for those sides.

Just look at Maddison at the end of this clip - he's dreaming of joining Newcastle [emoji38]