Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

3 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

You have to believe Eddie will give the players that got us to the CL, a chance in the CL? The Longstaff/Almiron/Murphys of the squad.

It sends a really negative energy/message through the squad to be like “thanks now lets get these other dudes to enjoy what you achieved.”

It’s why I think around 2-3 first teamers of absolute quality is the best we can/most we should expect this summer. With some younger prospects we can bring through over the course of the season.

Totally agree. I highly doubt EH will just bin off players who have taken us from bottom 3 no-hopers to likely top 4. As fans, we have a tendency to always just want that shiny new thing, spend big money on "elite", well-known players. It's natural and in time, we will slowly evolve. But EH i'm almost certain will operate a lot more cautiously in the summer window than perhaps we as fans would expect.

Squad harmony is key and it's at it's absolute peak right now. Watch the Spurs game and see the spirit and team ethic in there, Spurs couldn't dream of it. It's a huge part of our success this season.

9 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

You have to believe Eddie will give the players that got us to the CL, a chance in the CL? The Longstaff/Almiron/Murphys of the squad.

It sends a really negative energy/message through the squad to be like “thanks now lets get these other dudes to enjoy what you achieved.”

It’s why I think around 2-3 first teamers of absolute quality is the best we can/most we should expect this summer. With some younger prospects we can bring through over the course of the season.

It'll be evolution as always, not revolution. Keep most players, add 3-4 to cope with increased schedule.

4 hours ago, Manxst said:

Are Bayern actually thinking about letting Davies go or are these posts wishful thinking?  Have we been linked? 

Canucks casting bacon wishes.

2 hours ago, Jack27 said:

Fati is more of an inside forward than an inverted winger, and that’s the perfect match for a striker like Isak who drops deep and draws defenders with him. 

Inside forwards like to cut inside before receiving the ball, and they are more likely to receive the ball around the box. They are more of goal threats than inverted wingers. Inverted wingers are more likely to receive the ball near the touchline, and they cut inside after that in order to cross or pass. 

The likes of ASM, Raphinha, and Mahrez are inverted wingers, while Fati, Mbappe, Salah, and Rashford are inside forwards. Liverpool had the perfect setup a few years ago with Salah and Mane as the inside forwards and Firmino as the deep forward who created spaces for them and fed them nice passes. That trio was something else. 

Having said that, Fati has a terrible injury record :lol:

People complain about our development of players -- we really can't just shove Willock, Longstaff and Joelinton aside for the headline names - those 3 have been pivotal to our tactics and our league position. 

5 hours ago, Manxst said:

I’d love a Croat in the team. Growing up, I loved watching the likes of Zvoni Boban, Boksic, Prosinecki, Jarni, Suker etc. Fingers crossed this lad wants to come to us! 

Didnt he have that weird transfer to Coventry and was then sold to Real a matter of days/weeks  later?

2 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Didnt he have that weird transfer to Coventry and was then sold to Real a matter of days/weeks  later?

😂

wiki says it was because Betis didn’t want to sell to Madrid, so Real made a deal with Coventry…😂

“In the summer of 1998, Jarni initially moved to English side Coventry City, signing for £2.6 million from Real Betis. However, when Real Madrid decided they wanted the player, they successfully bought him from Coventry for £3.4 million with Jarni having made no appearances whatsoever. Some believe this was a joint Coventry City and Real Madrid tactic, as Betis refused to sell him to the Madrid club”

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

People complain about our development of players -- we really can't just shove Willock, Longstaff and Joelinton aside for the headline names - those 3 have been pivotal to our tactics and our league position. 

As our schedule becomes more congested when we qualify for Europe, all those players will get their minutes even if we bring in more players. At what point should a good performance prevent us from bringing in new players who potentially could improve us? Imagine if we hadn’t signed Isak or Botman because we were doing great in the second half of last season. 

3 hours ago, KaKa said:

Just remembered Ansu Fati is on around £220k a week. So yeah ... no chance! 

If Barca want rid and the player wants to come to play football then there's no reason he wouldn't consider lower wages with performance related bonuses (goals/assists/appearances) and then everyone wins. 

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

The problem is while those 3 have done well and can fill in for eachother when needed, no one can fill in for Bruno adequately. As things stand we’re pretty fucked if he gets injured.

17 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

The problem is while those 3 have done well and can fill in for eachother when needed, no one can fill in for Bruno adequately. As things stand we’re pretty fucked if he gets injured.

This is where a Neves or Tielemans would come in handy. 

3 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

David Edgar says Hi.

I mean now. Both nations are turning out great players. Be damned if NUFC Howe's one of theirs before he sorts out one of ours.