Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

11 hours ago, BonesJones said:

That be a fantastic signing, undoubted talent and would work wonders behind Isak.

Howe has said before he's not keen on loans though, but if he could get him working in our setup up, I think the link up play between Bruno, Felix and Isak would be disgusting.

IMG_3041.jpeg.de1c9c37e4cccb3f3fe199b3229e7632.jpeg

48 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

Felix is god awful. No thanks. He’s absolute fools gold. 

That's harsh. I mean, he's nothing without Gotrek but he's not that bad.

There's a list of players that have played for or been touted for the top clubs, with huge fees mentioned, without ever looking like the player they're hyped up to me. Players like Jenas, Morata, David Luiz, He's on it at the moment and I don't see that changing like. 

2 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

There's a list of players that have played for or been touted for the top clubs, with huge fees mentioned, without ever looking like the player they're hyped up to me. Players like Jenas, Morata, David Luiz, He's on it at the moment and I don't see that changing like. 

Big gap there like.

Luiz 50 caps for Brazil, played a decade at the highest level in Europe, starting CB for multiple league titles, FA Cups and ran deep in the CL for that time, winning it once and playing excellently that year.

Morata - was never a key starting man for a top side. But he contributed to multiple league titles, CL finals etc. scored at like 3 major international tournaments. Surely 50+ caps for Spain and a decent goalscorer at that level.

Then there's Jermaine Jenas. League Cup winner. Played for Spurs and has suddenly remembered playing for Newcastle United in the CL

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Big gap there like.

Luiz 50 caps for Brazil, played a decade at the highest level in Europe, starting CB for multiple league titles, FA Cups and ran deep in the CL for that time, winning it once and playing excellently that year.

Morata - was never a key starting man for a top side. But he contributed to multiple league titles, CL finals etc. scored at like 3 major international tournaments. Surely 50+ caps for Spain and a decent goalscorer at that level.

Then there's Jermaine Jenas. League Cup winner. Played for Spurs and has suddenly remembered playing for Newcastle United in the CL

It's all relative. Jenas is just a lower ranked player that fits the same attributes, he had a lot of hype around him, was constantly strongly linked with Arsenal, and was regularly picked for England. All despite having one good half season in 02-03, then turning into a bang average incredibly spineless footballer. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

4 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

The press are lazily linking these players - particularly the foreign press - because they still think they have Man City Mk II on their hands.  They don’t though.  

uh... They do though, lets be honest. Just not right now.

14 minutes ago, BrianSwan said:

uh... They do though, lets be honest. Just not right now.

How exactly? FFP governs what clubs can spend and was brought in post the Man City takeover. Even with increased sponsorship etc, there’s not much chance we’d spend the (relative) sums they did. 

19 hours ago, andyc35i said:

Have we been linked with Gundogan? I feel like he’s someone we should be in for with a Top 4 finish. Probably a bit early in our development, but what a player he is

He's going to the makums I think 

I only really know of him from his highlight reels, which look very impressive.  But then a quick look at his stats:

Quality freekicks

Can hit an absolute rocket from open play

Creates lots of chances

Does a good amount in defence/press

Really strong passer 

Just his goal attempts/output which is a little low 

Feels like he does a lot of what Trippier does, but from midfield.  

Pair him with a really fullback on the left and we are laughing.

2 hours ago, Rafalove said:

You seen him play? Care to give us a run down in what he’s like and how good he is?

Seems to have everything you want from an attacking midfielder.

His biggest strength must be his shooting and creative/precise passing. But also has excellent technique and reminds me a little of Joelinton with his ability to drive forward with good pace while maintaining control of the ball.

Gives Trippier some much needed competition of set pieces.

Just some youtube scouting though :)

Edited by Displayname

Just now, The Butcher said:

With Tierney set to come I would love it if got more deals done early doors 

I think there’s probably a few which are already lined up and some which may hinge on top four. Tierney does seem very likely and fits the bill in terms of what we need.