2 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

The Athletic reporting current targets are including, but not restricted to:

Maddison

Tierney

Gallagher

McTominay

Szoboszlai

Kheperen Thuram

Take Mctominay out and that’s a good list, I’d also rather not sign Tierney. Not based on ability just his injury record.

Edited by SUPERTOON

9 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Maddison

Tierney

Gallagher

McTominay

Szoboszlai

Kheperen Thuram

Give me bottom 2 and a left back and I'm happy.

I know we have European competition to play next year, and we need more depth. I would still rather buy 3 top quality players rather than fill our squad with mediocre players that we will be stuck with for years.

12 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Maddison

Tierney

Gallagher

McTominay

Szoboszlai

Kheperen Thuram

Beeeeeeew.

1 minute ago, kocunar said:

I know we have European competition to play next year, and we need more depth. I would still rather buy 3 top quality players rather than fill our squad with mediocre players that we will be stuck with for years.

Could well be a mix of both. I'm as excited to see players coming in to develop for 2/3 yrs down the line.

1 minute ago, kocunar said:

Yeh I think it would be nice to get some players in that Eddie doesn't have to work his magic on. Thuram and Szoboszlai from the above list are type I want, players that improve us immediately.

The club clearly know what they are doing (Christ, feels weird saying that) so even if these signings aren't the glamorous ones ou are hoping for, thryll be the right fit to complete the jigsaw. 

Consistency is key now. Consistent in our form across competitions and to be in the mix for everything. We need a bigger quality squad for that. Theyll find the right balance I'm sure.

BTW, we managed to grab botman and Isak last year when all we did was survive relegation (quite handsomely in the end) this year, players will be all over us wanting to join. We're the real deal already. At least 2 years ahead of ourselves in we see CL through. 

If we do get Champions League it's a guaranteed 6 extra games before Christmas, given the way this season has been scheduled due to the World Cup I'm not sure how much of a difference these extra games will make to us having to play twice per week & thus then the squads make up.

The Premier League will be back to it's usual schedule, we knew the squad would need to be bigger regardless of European football but I don't think we need to be going out and getting in additional 6/7/8 players. Those that leave will need replacing and then we need to add a few bits of quality and a couple of squad/younger players.

Edited by KDT

I would still really like Maddison despite his recent drop off. Howe will rejuvenate him and he'll be good for > 1 g/a per game for us. If he gets those numbers in a diabolical Leicester team then he can surely do even better for us. 

It’s going to be interesting to see who we might sell.

for instance we are probably in a position to sell Murphy to Burnley for £15m if we wanted to but we may never have an opportunity to do that again.

1 minute ago, James said:

It’s going to be interesting to see who we might sell.

for instance we are probably in a position to sell Murphy to Burnley for £15m if we wanted to but we may never have an opportunity to do that again.

Agree. This might be the right moment to cash in on some players that have overperformed. Murphy and Miggy come to mind, but I would guess Miggy is untouchable.

16 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Gallagher has looked like a headless chicken every time I've seen him this season.

I'm sure Eddie could work his magic but he'll cost, what, 35-40 million?

Great time to go for Gallagher as the past year has seen him become quite underrated.

His year at Palace he was driving forward with the ball, and scoring and creating goal opportunities. He was only 21 years old at the time too.

Still think he'd be a really good pickup. In a settled and consistent role in the team he would look more like the Palace version.

we probably don't have to sell many who've actually featured for us tbh. I wouldn't want us selling Murphy at all yet, he's class. 

Dubravka, Lewis, Fraser and at least one of Krafth/Manquillo as certs to leave. That's 4, maybe 5 spaces freed up already. 

I think Targett will probably be off as well. Especially if we sign another left back. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we kept hold of Dummett but didn't register him for the league and had him as a club homegrown option in Europe. Ritchie but he will probably want to go and play somewhere. 

But that's 7 registration slots freed up. We aren't going to be singing more than that I don't think.