Newcastle United 2-0 Nottingham Forest (06/08/2022)

loki679

Utter domination. Never looked in doubt at any stage in the game from first whistle to last and could easily have been 4 or 5 had the finishing been better. Couldn't have asked for a better start to the season and it was a potential banana skin of a game 

Well that was one of the most convincing and dominating performances i've seen from us in a long time. Actually slightly annoyed we didn't win by 4/5 more :lol:

Be worried if I was a Forest fan, they where abject, they might improve when there players gel, but it was so easy to break there press, and get through the lines, and when they sat back they where very flat footed, it was so easy for us.

1 minute ago, Thomson Mouse said:

How long it it take Bruce to change the style of play?

When you are lazy cunt it takes a long time to do anything. Same goes for bare faced lying, doubt he ever intended to ever change anything.

I'm sad the system still looks like Bruces gung-ho attacking/defending... looked like a pre-season match tbh, hopefully combinations will get better (not sure why as pre-season is finished).

Edited by thorin

Wonderful performance. The type of pass and move football I haven't seen from us in decades. This team with a few attacking additions is going to be super sexy.

Also to any of the Forest knackers lurking - Your team is fucking shit. £100m right down the drain.

Magnificent. We didn’t really have to do too much, rarely troubled. Our back line looks so comfortable against opposition like this.

And what was the story with the Forest manager? Looked like he was gurning throughout the game. If he popped a few yokes before the game, well fair play ?

Cracking performance. Can't underestimate Forest's efforts to restrict our chances. Wilson was destined to be frustrated all day, against 3 defenders, but took his chance brilliantly. Still not overly concerned by our attack. Miggy and ASM were excellent today.